Anyone else feel ripped?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Adutrumque, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

I bought the glass.t but now I can see that the glass.tR comes with so many resolved problems that the t has.

I feel ripped.

What about you guys? The tapered home button is the thing I hate most. I have to have this awful looking button on my diamond. I feel... dirty.

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

The "r" has the tapered home button and sides so I'm not getting your comment that you hate the tapered home. Does the old T have the tapered button as well?

You want to feel even worse - try the BG Pure. In my opinion way better than the SGP. The Pure is a minute bit smaller with a perfect fit to the iPhone 5 and I haven't heard any issues with the edges chipping. The other plus with the Pure is that it is thinner and more flexible so more forgiving on the install and no need for covering up the home button.

I am kicking myself that I bought the SGP first and wasted that money on a less than perfect install that I couldn't correct. I guess one good thing is that I can report back to others so they have a better experience.

3. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

What's with all the acronyms? Truly, I have no clue what you people are talking about.

4. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

I had the same feeling; and a quick Google brought it into light: its a protector for the iPhone; more solid as a simple foil: http://www.spigen.com

I might should get one for my wife ...

5. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Sorry about that. The acronyms are for glass screen protectors. The SPG Glas.T is the original version without tapered edges and around the home button. The SPG Glas.T.R is from the same company but the new version with the rounded, beveled edges.

The BG Pure is also a glass screen protector but from another company - Bodyguardz.

From my personal experience having tried both - the Bodyguardz Pure screen protector is the best you can get. Pricey but you get cheaper replacements in the event you need one.

6. VinnyV macrumors member

Honestly at first i did feel ripped, until my cousin got his .tr, i compared it with my glas.t and didnt see much difference( besides the obvious rounded edges), kinda happy i went with the cheaper one. used mine since 21st and no chips what soever still looks brand new and feels brilliant.

7. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

tbh I don't think a screen protector is necessary. It's GG2 and is already mostly scratch proof, small drop proof, and fingerprint resistant.

8. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I hear on so many posts that the glass is scratch resistant but as careful as I am keeping my glass clean, having a case on it with lay flat protection and keeping it separate in its own pocket, I still had scratches in less than 2 weeks without a protector. I was really bummed and the only thing I could think of that could have caused a scratch would have been my earring. Thankfully the Pure covered the scratches and now looks like new again.

9. VinnyV macrumors member

yeah i heard that too,better be safe than sorry :D, then it came to me how its scratch RESISTANT , not scratch PROOF haha

10. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

My glas.t has been excellent.

I'm using it without a case and it hasn't chipped.

11. Appleseeds macrumors regular

I though that's what the "r" stood for, "ripoff"
    Anyone that buys a glass screen protector to cover a glass screen is asking for it.