Anyone Else Feel the Need to Wash Their Hands Before Touching the Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by astrostu, Sep 14, 2007.

1. astrostu macrumors 6502

Maybe it's just my OCD-tendencies acting up, but it seems like unless I wash my hands just prior to using the Touch, it smudges. Granted, it's not too noticable, but after maybe an hour of use it just starts to look "grubby."

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. rmh macrumors regular

Somewhat, but I wipe off the screen constantly so its not that big of a deal(I guess that counts for OCD as well, huh?).

I guess thats why Apple included the polishing cloth.

3. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

Bro, I feel the same way. Even on my laptop I'm constantly using the cleaning cloth. Even my clunky looking 20gb photo sometimes gets a wipedown.;)

4. astrostu thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, good to know I'm not alone ;)

I just surfed the web for awhile on it while watching some stuff on my main computer, and even though I washed my hands before, it's still smudged ... oh well, back to the polishing cloth!

5. DeanCorp macrumors member

I am exactly the same I still wash my hands EVERYTIME I use my Macbook which is already 15 months old and still looks brand new!

I am going to be ordering an Invisible Shield (Full Body Shield) for my iPod Touch as I have had one for every iPod I have ever owned and they are fantastic. Scratchproof and don't add any bulk to the iPod. I suggest everyone get's one, that way you won't have to worry about scratching the back or putting fingerprints on the screen.

DeanCorp

6. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

I'm not going to wash my hands but when I get my Touch, I'll be sure to use it after having a bunch of greasy food. :D

No in reality, I know I'm going to have to. I work overnight at Target and we get all manner of stuff on our hands. Dirt, soap, shampoo, chemicals, drinks, stuff we can't even identify etc. I am NOT getting that on my Touch.

7. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

first i want to get my touch, i'll keep the plastic on the back on until i can get a fitting condom for it

8. astrostu thread starter macrumors 6502

You can't unless you do some very careful incisions in the plastic because it blocks the access port to connect to the computer. I would've kept mine on, too, if it weren't for this.

I actually wrapped it in tacky plastic wrap for a bit, but then it had issues clicking on links in Safari. I took it off, restarted, and it worked fine. I'm guessing the problem was that the plastic built up a static charge and this interfered with the touch screen (though I know that correlation does not imply cause/effect, so I'll probably try this again).