iPhone 11 Pro Anyone else feel the XS Max had better cameras than the 11 Pro Max?

JKarnsy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
I can't quite put my finger on it but sometime when I'm taking photos with my 11 Pro Max, it feels like the quality just isn't as good as my previous XS Max. I'm mainly talking about photos with the primary camera (not the wide or 2x). Like it might be a little more grainy or not as sharp when you zoom it. Just curious if anyone else has this feeling.

Zaft

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I can't quite put my finger on it but sometime when I'm taking photos with my 11 Pro Max, it feels like the quality just isn't as good as my previous XS Max. I'm mainly talking about photos with the primary camera (not the wide or 2x). Like it might be a little more grainy or not as sharp when you zoom it. Just curious if anyone else has this feeling.
No way, I have the. XS and my wife as the Pro. The Pro takes better photos easily.

Reactions: Bethanie21

Chrisblond007

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2019
The one aspect where the iPhone 11 Pro might be different vs the XS is the HDR processing.

The iPhone XS Smart HDR was super aggressive in keeping highlights and shadows balanced.

The iPhone 11 Pro seems to have backed off the aggressive HDR algorithm.

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Only night shots are better on the 11. Other than that they are basically the same. Don’t know how much better cell phone cameras can get given the thinness. Perfect for fb and instagram. :p

muasachi

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
I see a lot of people getting bad photos from placing some kind of glass protector on the rear camera.
At least 2 of my friends complained tho.
I never put on any protector and I'm happy with all of my devices.

1rottenapple

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2004
I thought the xs max had a overly saturated look that’s Instagram friendly but less accurate than the 11. I think my xs max is still a great camera on day time.

FlyingDutch

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2019
Eindhoven (NL)
Absolutely not.
There is an huge difference in iPhone 11 Pro favor.