Anyone else feel this free bumper/case giveaway is a fiasco?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by squeakr, Jul 23, 2010.

1. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I feel that there is a major flaw in the way that this is being handled. It is supposed to be one free bumper/case per phone, but with Apple issuing refunds for already purchased bumpers and still allowing the free bumper/case too many people are double (or more) dipping on this offer due to the bad implementation.
    Do those that already purchased a case and aren't getting any reimbursement for it also feel shafted in a sense?

How many would have bought the bumper had they have known it would have been credited back to them??

Before anyone points it out,yes, I am being petty, but I think it sucks that I bought a Griffin case and they aren't refunding me, even though it is one of the free options. Why are the bumper purchasers so special (I know they are Apple's baby, but come on they are giving freebies from other manufacturer's as well)? :mad::confused:

Ohh.. and I did try to find a crybaby smilie, but couldn't.

2. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

bought in apple store with apple.ID -> refund
    register in app with apple.ID and iTunes ID -> free bumper

i guess they'll just do it once per apple.ID

3. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

I bought both a Griffin case and a bumper. And no, I don't feel shafted. I bought them with the understanding that I was purchasing them, not getting them for free.

4. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

My wife has a free case coming in about a month and I have $32 in my pocket. I'm thinking it's working just fine.

5. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

6. admanimal macrumors 68040

If by fiasco you mean causing unstable people on Macrumors to freak out for no reason, then yes.

...but by that definition, everything Apple does is a fiasco...

7. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

No this is not a fiasco. Welcome to business Apple style.

8. squeakr thread starter macrumors 68000

squeakr

Wow!! That is a pretty arrogant statement, considering that in other posts one about getting refunded for multiple cases, you stated that you should have bought multiple bumpers as well, the tried to get Apple to replace the back glass for free when it got shattered, and stated you were going to get the free case that had the greatest resale value on eBay. Sounds pretty cheap to me. At least I admitted it, before other passed judgement on me. How's that glass house working out for you?

9. SophiaLee macrumors 6502a

SophiaLee

LOL at you going thru my old posts. I am entitled to ONE free case, the post about buying multiple bumpers was a joke. I probably won't actually sell my one free case on Ebay unless I like it more than my current case. Yes, I have one that I paid for and I don't plan on asking them to send me a refund for it.

Why are you asking about the glass housing? You obviously know I broke the back of my phone since you went thru all my posts. And if Apple woulda fixed it for free of course I would've taken it! They didn't and I'm buying a white backplate.

10. squeakr thread starter macrumors 68000

squeakr

Not referring to the back (although it was a cute reference) just the old adage about people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I wasn't asking for a refund just think that it is a bit unfair that they are refunding all of the bumpers and anyone who bought a case is getting shafted. They should have just offered one to everyone and skipped the refund. Lots of people on here are bragging about getting the refunds and then ordering cases, as well. Then everyone says No, it is not unfair and how cheap I am for asking. Seems hypocritical to me, especially with all of the get the unlimited internet tricks, the discount codes trick, and the FAN account posts. You don't see everyone dissing those.

11. Savor Suspended

Savor

Blame it on the crybabies. They helped some us get FREE s*** when none of us were the ones even complaining! I know this is a vent thread for the sour grapes folks who didn't buy a bumper BEFORE all the commotion happened and now got shafted with only ONE case and no money back.

The irony here is when I got the bumper on launch day, I wasn't getting it at all for the antenna problem. I just needed grip and smoother sides for my phone. The crybabies kept on crying for weeks and Apple kept on giving to those already happy with all our purchases! :D

12. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

13. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

[​IMG]

14. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

15. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Simple. Apple would only be giving away free bumpers if they had the capacity to just send everyone free bumpers now. Since they do not they are being nice and instead of making some people wait until they can get more bumpers they are offering them a choice of a few other cases so they can meet the demand sooner than if they just offered the bumpers.

Anyways, best thing for you to do is take advantage and get a free case from them of another design. You may find you like it better and now you get a chance to try another one out. You may even like having two cases and being able to change depending on your mood. You may hate the new case (but no skin off your back since it's free).

That's what I'm doing (I'm lucky, my case on it now which I actually mostly like was free as well. Given to me by some website doing a promo while I was waiting in line to get mine opening day. So now I'll have two cases and I didn't pay for either).

16. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

You can have any iPhone you want as long as it's black.

And, since we're so nice, you can have any case you want as long as it's black.