anyone else find it a pain to keep iPhone mark free?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SilentLoner, Mar 22, 2008.

1. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

I'm finding it a bit difficult to keep the silver back of the iphone mark free. Anyone else get this problem? Driving me insane!

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'd say it holds up pretty well compared to other phones and especially those shiny metal backings of iPods. Otherwise, buy a skin (e.g. iSkin Revo) if it drives you insane.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

My RAZR is scratched up like hell, as is the back of my iPod. This is why I already bought a screen protector for the iPhone. It's WAY too important to not cover up. However, I kinda wish I had just bought the darn case the salesman showed me. Darn me for needing other stuff like food.

4. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I hate using cases,as they destroy the aesthetics of the device. Screen protection I can understand, as it's the killer feature of the iPhone.
    I personally like to use a device as intended with no protection, to fully enjoy it's form factor.
    For my 16GB iPhone, I just use the felt pouch that came with my older 5th gen iPod Video, when I put the device into my bag.

5. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

as for me i take off my iskin revo at home but when im out i use the case hell that phone is too slippery to use outside and once the screen is cracked its a pain for you too pay for the repair and see your baby fall and make a big boo boo :D apple products are the one product that you have to baby lol

6. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Same here. Mines getting pretty scratched up now, but it doesn't really bother me that much, sure it doesn't look as good but it's there to be used, not to spend all your time looking after :D

7. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I dunno what you guys do to yours but mine's pretty much the same condition as it was out the box....and i'm not using any case

Attached Files:

8. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

No problems here either... I use the Sena Elga case so it's only protected when I'm not using it. Looks just like it did the day I got it.

9. Alrescha macrumors 68020

When I got my iPhone I cleaned out one pants pocket and designated it as 'safe'. No change, no keys, no anything. As a result, my iPhone still looks new.

A.

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Invisible Shield!!!

There's no reason NOT to.

11. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Mine is fine. An Incase belt case keeps the iPhone scratch and dent free. A quick rub down with a microfiber cloth with a squirt of iClean returned the back to nice new condition after three months of use and the inevitable build-up that any hand device is going to suffer.

I make a point of not using the iPhone near a toilet or other large concentrations of liquid (a very common means of killing it - going by the posts on this forum).

12. macDonalds macrumors 6502

I use incase to protect my investment. If it wasn't so darn slippery I would not use a case at all.

13. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

14. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Ditto Invisible Shield...

let's you go NAKED! zagg.com Had it installed at MWSF '08 and it's been a wild and "unscathed" trip for my iPhone. I get a much firmer grip on my iPhone and it still shows off that it's an "iPhone." For trips on BART Train or in the car, I can still fit my iPhone into the Belking Acrylic Case, which has a swivel stand that I can attach to my briefcase and watch movies or a music video comfortably, "hands-free." :p:cool:

15. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Where can I purchase it?

16. wizard macrumors 68040

Please get a grip on yourself. IPhone is a tool nothing more.

Look into the tool box of any handman and you will see a hammer or two. It doesn't take long for them to get blessed with a little abrasion from ACTUAL use. If you want a piece of jewelery get a box for your jewels. If you are anywhere near normal though you will realize that your jewels don't do you any good if you don't wear them.

Same with the iPhone if you don't use it, you can never derive any good from it.

Dave