Anyone else find that 3G worked perfect today? (NY/NJ)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhimpele, Sep 5, 2008.

?

How has your iPhone worked since the outtage?

1. same crappy service

25.0%
  2. a little better

25.0%
  3. flawless

35.7%
  4. never had a problem and still don't

14.3%
  1. bhimpele macrumors member

Has anyone else had unusually 100% perfect service today on the 3G network in and around NYC?.....My phone usually has terrible data service, but was flawless today!

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Something definitely changed today. Depending on where I was, 3G would be okay, to reasonable, to having to drop to EDGE. Today it's been pretty smooth everywhere (NJ).

3. cc999 macrumors 6502

Same in PA

I noticed the same thing in PA. Just yesterday 3G in Wilkes Barre area was terrible. Tonight it was flawless! ATT did something and its good!!!!

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Didn't vote since I'm not in NY or NJ, but much faster and more responsive in Newark, DE today. And actually seems to be draining battery less on 3G than before.

AT&T may have done something, I think.

5. philskillz macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I can't even use 3g in Philly usually, but today I had it on all day. Maybe this had to do with the outages the other day.

6. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

3G was flawless for me today.

And to think....all it took was the entire east coast network to go down.

7. macaco74 macrumors regular

in jersey city NJ had 5 bars of 3g, tried to call my wife in NY, 6 straight "call failed" until I switched to edge.

But hey, was able to update my weather app quickly.

8. iphoneuser8 macrumors newbie

Perfect Today (Sept. 5th)

Something sure changed here in Philly today (Sept 5th). Since July 11th 3G has been on off on off on off (you all know the story). Yet today it has been flawless all over the Philly area. I was able to connect to the AT&T 3G data network all day long without ever a disconnect! This has never happened since July 11th. Something was done.

I called my AT&T store to ask why I was getting such good service and the person told me (who know if he was right or not) that AT&T has been upgrading their 3G network in the Northeast because of the iPhone 3Gs and had nearly finished. Maybe it was AT&T all along that was causing all of our 3G problems.

First the first time I feel like the iPhone 3G is acting like it was suppose to!

9. Spongey817 macrumors regular

I too can confirm that something most definitely changed. A location that previously had 0 bars of 3G reception is now giving me 2 to 3 bars. I haven't checked out other 3G locations, but there seems to be better reception here in New Jersey

10. drool6 macrumors newbie

Flawless 3G data access for me too here in Queens, New York.. All web pages loaded on the first try, speedtesting done with tinyspeedtest giving me around 500-900 kbps. Not too shabby... How long do you think this will last......? :confused:

11. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I was in south jersey on friday at the beach. I was surprised to have such good 3G service on the beach!!!!

12. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Yeah interestingly the Jersey Shore has lots of 3G coverage. I guess they figure people will want to check in on e-mail and stuff even though they're out at the beach :)

13. BVsmurfette macrumors member

Yep, i have had much better 3g service since Friday morning too. I only got my iPhone a week ago and it's been really frustrating up until yesterday... not sure what they did to improve service but i really hope it stays!!

14. voxnj macrumors regular

They moved in additional mobile 3G support ahead of the tropical storm. They want to maintain good image with the broadcast industry. It may just as easily disappear next week. So don't celebrate quite yet.

15. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Its because there's a lot of $$ out on the Jersey shore.

16. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

It must be the "All-So-Fresh" reboot or update that happened a few days ago. Sneaky little rat...