Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

c98928

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
It is just me that find the 3.0 built-in voice memo is way too quiet to be useful?

I tried to record a lecture the other day, but i ended up realizing that volume is way too soft.

what do you think?

isaaclimdc

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Well I know from experience that the iPhone's built-in mic is pretty weak, but the one on the earbuds+remote are decent. So, it's probably because of that.

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
It is just me that find the 3.0 built-in voice memo is way too quiet to be useful?

I tried to record a lecture the other day, but i ended up realizing that volume is way too soft.

what do you think?

Yes, it's terrible—not only so quiet that you can barely hear it but scratchy and unintelligible much of the time. I went to the app store and bought Speak Easy Voice Recorder for $1.99. This is a wonderful voice-memo app with an attractive and easy to use interface. The voice quality and volume are excellent.

Tonyanza

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2009
Yes, it's terrible—not only so quiet that you can barely hear it but scratchy and unintelligible much of the time. I went to the app store and bought Speak Easy Voice Recorder for $1.99. This is a wonderful voice-memo app with an attractive and easy to use interface. The voice quality and volume are excellent.

yep, I downloaded the free version of "quick voice" ....
not real loud, but a huge improvement.

It must be a software issue with "voice memo", which now abides on the 5th page of my flow screens ... lol

Tony

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.