Anyone else FOR SURE going from 6 to 6+(S)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by horizonflyer, Jan 2, 2015.

1. horizonflyer macrumors newbie

horizonflyer

I've had the 6 since release day - no way was I going to the 6+ - too big - dont' want a phablet, etc....

Now every time I go to a store and handle a 6+, I want one - the streaming will be unbelievable - great pics - HD, etc....

Once my Next is up if the next model is a 6+S - its mine!!

2. LushMojo macrumors regular

LushMojo

I just did. Sold my 6 on CL day before yesterday and picked up 6+ yesterday. Love it. Felt same as you before. Very happy with the switch. Frees me up on the wards in the hospital from having to carry my ipad mini.

3. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Anyone else FOR SURE going from 6 to 6+(S)?

I'm one of those that originally got a Plus and exchanged it for a 6. I just felt like it was too big for its screen size, and not thought out very well, ergonomically speaking.

That said, I do love larger screens. If Apple manages to get the bezels slimmed down for the 7 Plus (don't have much hope for any redesigns for the 6S+), then I'll definitely be considering a move back to the Plus.

I'd need that power button lowered, and some of that chin and forehead shaved off. I don't think it would take a lot to make it a really great handling device. They got really close with the 6 Plus, I just don't think they took enough time to make it its own.

4. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I have a launch day 6 as well and have been contemplating a change to the plus every time I have the opportunity to handle one. Not quite as big as I originally thought. I will probably get one but keep my 6 as well and switch back and forth before deciding one way or another. May eventually sell the 6 if I don't use it.

5. Suleman.Chothia macrumors newbie

I have got 6 since day one and love it. Been playing with my dad's 6+ and now contemplating on getting a 6+

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I returned my Plus yesterday and am back in my 6 and could not be more happy.

For me it is just more than I want to deal with (in size) on a day in and day out basis. Love the screen but it is not worth the size penalty to me.:rolleyes:

Way to early to even be worrying about the S versions as it will be a while before we see them.

7. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

I still think the 6+ is kinda ugly wits those huge ass bezels

8. Black Magic, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015

Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I too have contemplated getting the 6+ as well but I keep talking myself out of it. I think if I do pull the trigger, it will be when the S cycle drops in September so that it truly will be an upgrade in some form.

I just don't want an unnecessary expense because once the novelty wears off, it's the same damn phone with similar functionality.

9. Allograft macrumors regular

Don't know. I skipped the 5, didn't find it compelling. I like Touch ID with 5S, love VoLTE with 6 on VZW. We'll have to see what comes with it

10. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Size penalty is a good name for it.

I summed it up like....

It was great while you were using it.

It sucked when you weren't

The size never gets out of your way.

It also wasn't great when you needed to use it one handed in a situation that might be a little precarious (in a store at the mall, cranky 2 year old in one arm, fumbling to get Plus out of my pocket so I can text the wife "where the heck are ya?". God forbid it's in the pocket on the side holding the cranky 2 year old. Then wielding that sucker one handed while Christmas shoppers are shoving past you).

11. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

My wife originally wanted a 6, but after playing with my plus went for that and loves it. Once you use a plus it's really not that different than a 6 in size.

I see it Like 11 air vs 13. Unless you just want the smallest possible, it's not a big difference.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Funny, I do not even notice the bezels!:rolleyes:

13. MJD Dawg macrumors 6502

Junction of the Pacific, Juan de Fuca & NA Plates
    My hands are on the smaller side and I had trouble reaching parts of the screen on the iPhone 6.

The 6+ was not even a consideration because of this, but wouldn't you know it, every time I pick up the 6+ now it feels smaller and smaller. To the point where I'm now seriously thinking about picking one up.

Damn you Apple!!

14. CEmajr macrumors 601

After having the 6 for a couple months I just bought a 6 Plus the other day to try out. Needless to say that I'm loving it and will likely sell my 6 pretty soon. I'll wait another week though to be sure that it's not just the novelty that comes with having a new device.

15. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

iPhone 6 mid with a thicker shell / battery with a 5.1" screen would have been so much better. Instead of this half empty, half full option.

16. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

My plan was to upgrade to the 6 on NEXT 12 and then wait for the 6+S to see if they up the Ram and wait for apps to update and maybe do away with upscaling. So, we will see what the 6+S brings and will decide then.

17. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I pre-ordered the 6 and received it on launch day.

I have never even held the 6+.

I believe the 6 is ideal for me. Nevertheless, since I do upgrade every year and pass my phone down, I'm considering the Plus size with the S release because it would feel more like an upgrade than simply the processor and camera bumps it's likely to get.

I wish I could live with a Plus a week or two, to see how it worked into my life.

18. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

You have a 2 week window with AT&T to return it after you buy it. Give that a shot if you curious.

19. imanidiot macrumors 6502a

These threads are innumerable, and insane. Seriously, find a life.

20. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

I'm eager to sell my iPhone 6+ and buy the upcoming version.

Mainly because Apple always does a much better job with the second generation.

If it remains a 5.5" that's acceptable. If they have the courage, I'd really prefer a 6" display like my spacious Nexus 6.

21. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Same except the 6+ went to my brother so I still have access to it (mostly to use as camera for when my 6's battery is running low). :p

I loved the battery life on that thing but with my short fingers, it was just too ungainly for me to use. At least the 6 is more manageable although whenever I use someone else's 4/4s or 5/5c/5s, I do tend to miss how much easier those were to hold and operate.

22. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I always hated phablets and didn't intend to get anything bigger than the iPhone 6. Last year I got the HTC One M8 because I loved its design and despite it being very big, I managed to come to terms with it and use it as a daily driver.
    When the iPhone 6 came out I bought it immediately, knowing that it has the perfect size for a phone.
    This is really the best size if you want just a phone. If you want more though, something where you can enjoy watching videos, and use it as a mini computer, then the Plus is great.
    I got my Plus 4 days ago and I am loving it so far. The verdict is still not out regarding its mobility, but it feels better and thinner than the HTC One M8, so I guess I won't have any issues carrying it with me all the time.
    I am also planning in getting an Apple Watch this year, so many things will be done by using it and there will be no reason to get out my iPhone just to see a notification..

23. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

it's still gonna be a while before 6S and 6S+ come out.

Especially while they can be jailbroken, I say trade up now.

I did it and don't regret it :cool:
    battery lasts longer, period. It's impressive and I have 50 some odd tweaks installed too,
    camera OIS ..don't care what people say whether it makes a difference or not, it does especially in dark photos and I've been getting far fewer blurry cam shots,
    and screen.. luck of the draw in terms of quality but 1080p and 5.5" I like make an appreciable difference for me

24. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

As long as the 6s+ has the A8X or A9 with 2GB I will be going from the 6 to the 6s+. 1GB is plenty for the 6, but with the bigger display, the 6+ really needed 2GB from the start.

25. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

I just made the switch this week. Very happy with the decision.