Anyone else forget about applecare?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Acorn, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

When I got my macbook the extra money for applecare was too much. I thought I would get it later. Turns out I had forgotten about it for almost the full year. I looked it up this afternoon and it expires tomorrow! Yikes. So I just got done talking to the geniuses and set up applecare. just in time. whew. So stupid of me should have gotten it from day one.

scary. now hopefully I will never need to use it.

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

When I have some spare money, I will purchase it from eBay.

3. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

thats what i said. when I have some spare money. trouble is you always think there is more time. you want to spend your money on other things. before you know it yikes. times up.

4. jaredtomas macrumors regular

jaredtomas

5. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

I know I know its just applecare. Im just so happy I got it in time you'd think I bought an iphone or something. not just insurance.

6. fifthroot macrumors member

fifthroot

The only time I needed it, it had just expired 2 months prior.

Did it give me peace of mind? Not really (see above). Will I get it again? Not quite sure...

Why am I asking myself all these questions? Hmm....

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Is there a way to get a copy of the receipt from Apple. I forgot when I got my macbook and I don't want to forget about Apple care.

8. LTX macrumors regular

LTX

Applecare is tied to your Mac's serial number, so you don't need a receipt (if I remember correctly).

Try putting in your serial number here and it should tell you that Applecare is in effect until whenever.

9. priller macrumors regular

Warranty on mine runs out soon, I've already had two emails from apple about buying applecare, wonder how many more they'll send :D

10. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I don't have Applecare yet, I'm going to get it before my year is up. I'm just worried I'll forget.

11. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

With my iBook, somebody from AppleCare actually called me like a week before it ran out.

Very persistent too I might say.

12. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

just get applecare from ebay for $50 if the rip off prices from Apple are too much. most experienced mac users buy it on ebay.

13. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Despite evangelizing AC to everybody else, I missed the chance to pick it up for my mini. Turned out I thought i bought in July, but it was actually in May, so the deadline passed without a thought. No calls or emails to remind me, either. In four months it'll be a moot point anyway.
    I'm glad I did get it for my MBP, since it died six months shy of the expiry, and they gave me a new one. Jumped from 1,1 to 4,1.

14. Buskape macrumors 6502

Buskape

I bought mine off ebay for 150$ as soon as i received my macbook, the applecare price is way too expensive in my country.

15. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Haha, funny you should say that, since mine would have expired tomorrow, too. :rolleyes: And I *just* remembered it last week! That year really flew by, and I can't believe I've had this computer for so long, since it still seems so new. Good thing you thought of it! Oh, and happy 1st birthday to our Macbooks. :p

16. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I, unfortunately, remembered a few days too late. Apple had sent a post card reminded me, which was good because I had totally forgot about it. But, life & work got hectic and I kept pushing it off until... no more AppleCare for me. Been pretty lucky so far.

17. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Irony: Apple called on Friday to warn us that the 90 period on my wife's MB was about to expire, and suggested we buy AppleCare. I thanked him, then verified that they would call before the end of the 1 year term. He said they would.

I asked him when exactly the 90 term ends.
    "Um... oh. It ended three days ago."
    "Will the next warning call be similarly helpful?"

To be fair, to coast past the 90 day mark isn't as bad as missing the boat entirely.

18. sheepopo39 macrumors 6502

I didn't apple care when I first got my macbook (march '07) and now I was looking it up to see if I could get it and I'm was nearly a year late

19. Jack Dangers macrumors regular

I recommend anyone buying a Mac to get Apple care.
    Great OS, but lousy hardware. I'm currently waiting for my box so I can send in my MacBook. I've already sent it in 3x for the same issue (screen flicker). Quite annoying.

20. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

I read about applecare all over this forum, so when i boughtmy new MBA i remembered to get applecare for it.

21. fk51785 macrumors regular

22. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I just bought apple care at the same time as my macbook from Apple for £40. Not bad if you ask me...considering they would normally charge £200.

23. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Really? Wow, great deal!

24. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Yeah I was surprised it was that much cheaper! I used the HE discount. :)

25. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

HE?