Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

db2431

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
lots of browser crashes now and my brightness keeps changing from fresh boot then after coming out of standyby is much lower,gonna restore and rejailbreak without summerboard

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
lots of browser crashes now and my brightness keeps changing from fresh boot then after coming out of standyby is much lower,gonna restore and rejailbreak without summerboard

1.1.1 Safari crashes regardless like crazy - ridiculous
Brightness changing - auto sensor?

adamsweeting

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
Yep...

I've noticed this too. Ipod just seems unstable now. apps keep screwing up, and I have to restart the iPod.

Hope they release a more stable version soon, coz my Touch looks soooo nice now!

adamsweeting

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
Guys...

For those who have apps crashing with SummerBoard installed, do you still have pogo installed - or did you remove it?

adamsweeting

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
No, not at all.

So you don't have Trip1PogoStick installed?!

From what I've read, it seems that you need to have pogo on to run 3rd party apps!

ummm - this is getting confusing now.

BTW - someone on ipod touch fans removed pogo, and now his iPod won't boot.

MagicWok

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2006
London
Strange, I have Summerboard on my Touch and it works fine. I have Pogo also, which I think you are right and is required for 3rd part apps...

I did manually install from their website, as per their instructions. Did you guys try to install from Installer.app? Won't work right with 1.1.1.

Dublo7

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
Perth, Australia.
So you don't have Trip1PogoStick installed?!

From what I've read, it seems that you need to have pogo on to run 3rd party apps!

ummm - this is getting confusing now.

BTW - someone on ipod touch fans removed pogo, and now his iPod won't boot.

I mean I don't have any problems with it crashed. And yes, I have Pogo installed.

adamsweeting

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
I've got the new version (installed it manually via sftp)

It does work pretty well - I only get app crashes very few and far between. I think it may be because I did have the old version installed via AppTapp.

I think I'll do a complete removal of SummerBoard, and then re-install.

Does anyone know if the new version is on AppTapp now?

bliks

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
DO NOT REMOVE POGO1STICK!!!!

I did and had to reformat my touch :D

lol I did it just to see what happens and yeah.. dont do it :p

BII

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2006
I tried to install summerboard, but it just didn't work, and the bottom row of icons ended up on top.

I might have to try a manual install I guess.

tehsuck

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2006
I installed the latest alpha of SummerBoard last night and my iPod crashes quite frequently when running NES or Safari.

moonzilla

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2006
Berkeley, CA
for those that have a working copy of summerboard on their touch, would you please let us know which version you're using, as well as where you got it? i tried installing 2.1.1 from installer.app and ended up with a static dock on the top of my screen. any help would be appreciated. thanks

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
for those that have a working copy of summerboard on their touch, would you please let us know which version you're using, as well as where you got it? i tried installing 2.1.1 from installer.app and ended up with a static dock on the top of my screen. any help would be appreciated. thanks

The newest version is at apptapp.com/summerboard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.