Anyone else get a "forest green" leather case?

jclardy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
I bought the "forest green" leather case for my max, and I'm not really sure what Apple is trying to pull here - it is definitely blue. Like a deep teal blue, but definitely not forest green.

Comparing the color side by side to the case image they aren't even close. I'm just pretty surprised because typically Apple gets these accessory colors pretty spot on, at least from my past experience.

I still like the color, but I do wish it was more green than it is. Anyone else notice the same?

dlubis

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
I bought the "forest green" leather case for my max, and I'm not really sure what Apple is trying to pull here - it is definitely blue. Like a deep teal blue, but definitely not forest green.

Comparing the color side by side to the case image they aren't even close. I'm just pretty surprised because typically Apple gets these accessory colors pretty spot on, at least from my past experience.

I still like the color, but I do wish it was more green than it is. Anyone else notice the same?
Deep teal blue...? I don’t think so, mine is deep green, so it’s ok to call it forrest green...

Reactions: pdxsellers

Azeroth1

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
To my eyes it’s green, a very dark green unless in bright light. In some lights it’s almost black.

This is on my iPhone XS Max, Space Gray.

Reactions: bojack and caligurl

trife

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2012
I’m with you, OP. While I did often see forest green, I also saw a super dark teal a lot of the time, too.

Saw black too. Ultimately I didn’t love it enough to keep it.

jonkevin

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2009
I have the Forest Green on my Gold Xs Max and for the most part it is a true Forest Green. There are times my eyes played tricks on me and I saw a hint of blue but it could have been the way the light hit it.

mikemj23

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
Deep green. Like it a lot since I've had the leather blue and black before for previous iPhones.

gelie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2010
I’m currently using the forest green on my iPhone. I love the color I do believe it really used forest green. I think the problem is the color dipicted on the apple store is much brighter.I would not consider that Forrest Green.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2015
I would like a green in silicone......While I'm a fan of blue (and current have a blue case) there are a variety of hues in blue.

Would be cool to get a couple of color options in green!!

tongefactor40

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Really tempting. Probably too early but is anyone noticing oil/wear on it? Seems like most of the colored cases wear badly. This looks great in its new form

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.