Anyone else get a refund for their bumper without having to do anything?

Pjstock42

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Bought my bumper a few weeks ago at an Apple Store.

Was planning on going back to get my refund while keeping the case, but I checked my debit card account today and Apple just refunded me without having to do anything.

Sorry if this has been talked about already, I just thought it was kind of cool.

playaproved

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
There's a few threads on this topic, but yes, everyone who purchased with a credit/debit card should have already received a refund.

myphone

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
USA

Was planning on going back to get my refund while keeping the case, but I checked my debit card account today and Apple just refunded me without having to do anything.

Sorry if this has been talked about already, I just thought it was kind of cool.
No, did not get any refund or any email for refund info. I'd just called Apple customer service and said to wait until July 30th, Friday.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I was lucky, I orderd a blue one a day before apple pulled them from the store. Got a refund 2 days later and i didnt get stuck with an ugly black one.

Chunkycat

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010
Yep, I did too. Ordered 2 bumpers and got them before Apple's free case program. About a week ago I got an email from Apple saying that they had refunded me. The refund already appeared in my bank statement and it was for both bumpers. Nice! I thought it was I case per iPhone. :)

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
They will automatically refund you if you paid with credit or debit.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
I bought mine July 2nd and still no refund. ive called apple and they said to wait. i told them about the status pages saying "There is no record of a refund for the receipt number you entered" and apple says it wont show until its being processed? i dont get it? ill wait until next week and if nothing by then, well then idk? haha

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68020
Jan 17, 2008
Big D
Cash refund in store (paid with cash) but he didn't record my phone serial or anything, so I ordered a free one online. Got two now for free.

I'm sure I'll need the second one as I have to keep removing my bumper to use my car charger. The opening is too small.

So I'm sure this first one will crack eventually, no fault of my own.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Yup. Ordered two bumpers (one black, one blue) on 6/15. Received with the first batch of bumpers sent out.

Both were refunded last week automatically. Apple went through their records and found my purchase. I didn't have to do a thing.

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ

Got my $$.