Anyone else get black junk on their aluminum by bottom right?

xMBPx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
I've had this issue with both my black macbook and my aluminum macbook pro. Over a couple weeks, black junk gathers up on the bottom right edge of my mac. It's on the front side to the right of my trackpad, where I normally rest my hand while using the trackpad.

Just wondering if anyone else has this issue, what it is, and how to stop it from happening? :confused:

Thanks

wankey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2005
It's tarnishing due to acid from you hand's sweat and unavoidable. If it happens fast Apple usually replaces the entire casing for you.

Mine started getting tarnished about a week or so after I bought my MBP (2 years ago) and I promptly complainted to Apple.

They replaced my case no questions asked, and it's been 2 years. The tarnishing has come back slightly but they must've added something new.

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2008
It's tarnishing due to acid from you hand's sweat and unavoidable. If it happens fast Apple usually replaces the entire casing for you.

Mine started getting tarnished about a week or so after I bought my MBP (2 years ago) and I promptly complainted to Apple.

They replaced my case no questions asked, and it's been 2 years. The tarnishing has come back slightly but they must've added something new.
For me, diligent wiping with wet cloth has been able to prevent any stains.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.