Anyone Else Get Charged More Than Once?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sunday Shadows, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Sunday Shadows macrumors regular

ordered in store (att) on the 15th, paid my deposit/for a 32gb. funds were taken out the same day. checked my statement today, and i was charged 2 more times for an iphone, being as its a prepaid card i didnt have the funds for the two extra charges and they were declined....i hope i dont lose my order :(

2. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

Preordered in store on the 15th, charge was pending to the account on the same day. Then i wake up this morning, and the same amount was in another pending charge to my account. I have the funds, I called AT&T and they said that they only saw one order on my account and most likely the original charge will post once my phone ships, and the other hold will drop off.

3. Sunday Shadows thread starter macrumors regular

alright cool, they (att) had a list of everyone taht was getting a phone and my name was on it so i'm hoping for the best :D

4. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

When I spoke with the rep at the store, he said anyone who ordered one through them before 4pm eastern on the 15th should be good for getting it on launch day. He also said there were others reporting that their debit cards had been double charged, but that it shouldn't be an issue unless both charges post.

5. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

And... I just logged on to my bank account and its back to a single hold.
    But, I'll be keeping the funds in it until the other one posts so I don't risk an overdraft.

Alternate theory I just had-
    Some banks have charges pend 3 days before they post. It's been three days since Tuesday, and the hold that dropped off mine was the one dated for 6/15. Now the one on there is dated 6/18. So I'm guessing this will happen again on Monday unless they start shipping soon.

6. Sunday Shadows thread starter macrumors regular

well. just checked it, and its cancelled now. great.