Anyone else get FedEx Smart Post when ordering Verizon iPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jukeapples24, Oct 10, 2011.

1. jukeapples24 macrumors newbie

I'd never heard of this service before, apparently they deliver to USPS and then they deliver it to me. Did anyone else get pegged with this service? I have reservations that they'll be able to coordinate this for swift delivery especially since I don't even have a tracking number yet...

----------

I should mention that I ordered on Apple.com at 6am PST on Friday and it shows delivery by Oct 14th... I just have my doubts...

2. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

Hmmm...interesting. I ordered my phone off Apple.com through Verizon and don't have a tracking number yet either.

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I'd be apt to be freaking out!

I haven't had anything great happen with that, it adds an extra day at a minimum. The package goes to the post office sort and then to your local PO. So it will depend on how that goes....

Ugh.

I'm sorry and hope it goes well for you!!

4. 2010RS macrumors 6502

do you normally get fedex deliveries? smartpost is usually used for places out in BFE that fedex doesn't want to go.

5. jukeapples24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I get FedEx here every day!

6. josh3326 macrumors member

7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

That isn't true at all....

But SmartPost is CHEAPER and that is why you get stuck with it. Amazon has started using it a lot to my neck of the woods, at least it is faster than straight PO, but no where as good as FedEx.

8. jerrahh macrumors regular

idk, i order lots of shirts from shirtwoot, and they come smart post and i live in a very rich area. i think its just cheaper like that. if fedex has to just give it to the post office.

9. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

The USPS is on the verge of shutting down. Maybe this is their way of making them some money.

10. sparkstsa macrumors regular

I would love to get my iphone 4s by fedex smartpost. Reason is that USPS delivers mail around the same time to my house every morning. At least I would know when to be home to sign for it.

11. jukeapples24 thread starter macrumors newbie

I would love to get USPS for any other delivery, it was great to see my bumper ship smart post, don't have to be home to sign for it. But I'm really cautious if FedEx/USPS will make this thing happen on Friday...

12. ilp macrumors member

Smartpost is terrible. My local carrier never leaves any packages. I always have to go pick it up at the USPS Post Office afterwards. Ugh.

13. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

When I bought my AppleCare warranty from Apple.com it shipped with FedEx Smart Post. It took a week for me to receive it from Georgia coming to Tampa, FL.

14. jukeapples24 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I got it figured out, finally called into Apple to see if they had any foresight. Turns out when I ordered the bumper with my phone the bumper defaulted to Smart Post and made the whole order look like that's how it was shipping. Lady on the phone assured me that my phone is definitely either coming UPS or FedEx. PHEW!

15. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

I ordered a bumper and my 32 gig white AT&T and my bumper was shipped via fed ex smart post and my phone is still prepared to ship. Based on my experience the last 3 years I think my phone will ship tonight.