Anyone else get hosed by apple store pre order pricing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by icebeam17, Jun 21, 2010.

1. icebeam17 macrumors newbie

So I used the apple store app the first day of pre orders, checked my eligibility for upgrades and was thrilled to see i qualified for the $200 pricing for the iphone 4 16GB. Make a reservation for a nearby apple store, get my confirmation email, and am feeling great. Today I get my confirmation email along with this caveat

Please note:
    Some customers received a confirmation email showing an incorrect price. We apologize for any difficulties you may have encountered. If you're currently an AT&T customer, you can confirm your pricing online. Review now

I click the link (the review now) and .................... it shows me the $400 pricing until March 19..........

It's like learning that Santa Claus isn't real all over again :(

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Weird.

From reading the forum posts that day, it seems like most people were being quoted the full $599 price, instead of a lower one. :eek:

Sorry man. :(

3. randomerratum macrumors 6502

When is your current contract supposed to expire?
    This is supposed to be pretty cut and dry;

Expires before January 1st - you get upgrade
    After January 1st - sorry, no upgrade

It wouldn't surprise me if AT&T is *still* managing to screw up every little job their given.

4. icebeam17 thread starter macrumors newbie

It expires after Jan 1st but a bunch of people had their upgrade dates pushed up because of the prices they pay per line (which is why i was so excited about getting the 200 in the first place). Oh well, hope my 3gs will still sell for something next year :S

5. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

The reservation system had a bug.. many people reported this problem. When you go into pick up your phone, you will get the right price. To verify this, dial *639# on your phone... it will not change until you have picked up your phone or if you order one online for home delivery and it ships...

It's all under control

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

Hmm, it used to be that people who paid over $100/month got earlier upgrades than the rest, but that shouldn't be the case any more.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/why/upgrade-advantage.jsp

Basically, if you pay $69+/month, you can upgrade after 18 months.