Anyone else get the iskin solo?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mets1125, Sep 20, 2008.

1. mets1125 macrumors regular

2. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

There is already a thread on this case, that has some pics and short reviews. Search it out.

3. mets1125 thread starter macrumors regular

I read that thread just wanted to see if anyone else had any reviews about it.

4. GreyFoxXXI macrumors newbie

I was one of the reviewers of the solo in the other thread and it pretty much sums it all up. Had it for a few weeks now and love it with no complaints. Also using the RevoClip and I am loving that as well. I went with the white so lint wouldn't be too visible and its been great so far. I have a brand new Neo unopened sitting on my kitchen counter that I'm in no rush of trying cause the solo meets all of my needs.

Ask a specific question if you have one about the solo if you want and I'll answer it. The other reviewer liked theirs as well he posted pics and had a black one, so the short of it is that it's another great product from iskin.

5. BrokenE macrumors regular

how would you rate impact protection, for example how well will it protect from a drop into concrete. Website descript says it has a has a hard shell, would you please describe the case material in more detail? Thanks

6. GreyFoxXXI macrumors newbie

Impact protection I'd rate as fair to good. The case is not a hard shell at all, its like a thicker silicone/plastic if that makes sense. It is fairly thick without adding too much bulk and to put it on you have to stretch the corners of the last side installed.

I have not dropped my phone yet and not really planning to but comparing it to my other iskin case for my 2nd gen nano I'd say its pretty close and I've dropped that thing at least 50 times and no problems at all. The case does cover everything very well including the bezel and if you need to take it off it comes off in a few seconds.

I also got the revo clip to prevent drops and its the best clip I've used so far and destroys my other iskin cases clip for my nano. All in all its a great case and my opinion on toughness and shock protection would be better than a hard case because it would absorb some impact but not the toughest out there "like an otterbox for example".

7. BrokenE macrumors regular

so the case is completely silicone, but it's a more rigid silicone? Sorry to be so anal on the description, but it's difficult to visualize without actually putting your hands on it. Thanks for the info.

8. GreyFoxXXI macrumors newbie

Yeah that's probably the best way I can describe it for you. The pics of the case on iskins website seem to be really accurate for a gauge of how pliable the material is. I think they show a red case being twisted or something like that and you can tell its kinda like a silicone but a tougher plastic feel.

Like I said I've been using the case a while and I really love it. I may look at other colours in the future like the blue one but I got the white to not show dust and so far its worked like a charm. I don't think using a BSE or Shield would interfere with the case also but it is very tight and fits like a glove.

9. BrokenE macrumors regular

Thanks GrayFox, I'm debating between this and the all protection of the ottbox deffender.

10. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Hi Grey, Is the Solo sort of shinny ? also will it complement a full body skin ?
    Last can you post some pics :)
    Thanks

11. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Does the screen protector included in the Iskin Solo require an adhesive or is it applied without one like the Iskin Revo 2?

12. GreyFoxXXI macrumors newbie

Sorry for the late reply been super busy so here we go:

richxps: The white one I have is shiny and I'm not sure about a full body skin. I would think it's possible because the case does stretch....just not too much it's just enough maybe someone else has a skin and this case I use a power crystal film.

Aiphanes: I haven't touched the one's they gave me because I'm happy with my power support and have no clue where they are now. If memory is correct they are static based like the power support ones so no adhesive required.

I still love this damn case and revo clip and my Neo is sitting here unopened! I am very happy with this case so far. If any more questions pop up I'll try to answer quicker. And yes I'll try to post some pics.

13. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

You are the man dog...I think I will go with the Iskin Solo or at least try it out.

14. mets1125 thread starter macrumors regular

Grey thanks for all the replies... I have a question for you... Do the sides of the skin fit tight on the phone? Does the skin feel like its peeling off the front or bottom when you put or take the phone out of your pocket? thanks

15. GreyFoxXXI macrumors newbie

Aiphanes thanks for the kind words and enjoy the case it's great in my opinion so let us know what you think. What colour you end up going with? And add me to PSN is ya want my tag is GreyFox-XXI.

mets1125 as far of the sides of the skin and the bottom its tight but not overly tight. There is a small bit of movement more on the bottom because it seems the plastic/rubber is thinner to accommodate the dock port. I've had no issues with it going in or out of my pockets and I'm not gentle or babying it when I take it out so hopefully that helps you out abit.

I noticed another thread on this case and the one guy is returning it because he said it looked cheap and he had some kind of mark on his case. I will say as I said before is this the best looking case you can buy???? No.
    But the quality and functionality more than make up for it in my opinion. I have used the Rebel which is a better looking case but the hard plastic spine scratches touching anything and the softer rubber cuts and dents even with a little pressure from your finger nail.

I don't have those issues with my solo and I love it. You can't please everyone but this is a great case and partnered with the Revo Clip its a perfect pair. And I'm working on so me pics I'm just super swamped with work and my kid right now.......hope this helps.+