Anyone Else Get "The Itch"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BFW122083, Jun 15, 2012.

1. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

When Apple announces something new, I tell myself "thats cool, but I don't really need that". Then as the days go by, and you read the reviews, watch the videos, and read the forums, you feel like you gotta have it! This was me with the Retina MB Pro. I didn't "need" it. But I wanted it. For whatever reason Apple products make me happy, and I enjoy using them :). Anyone else feel the same way?!?!

2. minnus, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012

minnus macrumors 6502

3. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

i got the exact opposite, i watched the keynote and wanted the maxed out version without thinking at all! i was so close at pre-ordering it, but then i thought to myself that i'd might like to wait to see what other people say about it.

Now i really still want it, but i'm still waiting for some key things to be fixed, like the safari scrolling lag and all that stuff people are talking about.

4. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Ljohnson72

This has already been fixed.

5. leenak macrumors 68020

If you don't need a new computer, there is no harm waiting. As always, you'll be able to get better specs at a cheaper pricer (or same) if you wait.

6. BFW122083 thread starter macrumors 6502

I believe the scrolling lag is software related from what I've read on here, and is completely fixed right now in Mountain Lion DP4.

----------

But when you wait, something better comes out. You'll always be waiting lol.

7. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Source?

8. leenak macrumors 68020

Yeah but if you don't need something, then waiting seems reasonable. I need a new computer so I ordered the rMBP. I've been waiting nearly a year for the new MBP so it was the right time.

9. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

so theres no performance issues at all?

10. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Ljohnson72

Once you do the 1.4GB worth of updates everything is perfect. :)

11. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

Well, I did get the itch.. and I didn't need a new notebook..

until I sold my early 2011 macbook pro to a co-worker.. then I suddenly needed a new notebook.. and conveniently, Apple just recently released new notebooks.. what are the odds? :D

12. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Mines the opposite, I usually get over the top excited at apple releases ([NERD] yes, i have watched a keynote rather than doing homework [/NERD]), but as the days go by I usually figure out enough about it to realize its not for me. Waiting currently for haswell or a gift of >$3000

13. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Regarding the subject line, I'll get the powder (this forum is filled with futurama references, yet I can't find a gif for that one).

So they released something that looks cool. I got over buying anything that looked cool long ago. Newness wears off. It collects dust. I've learned not to buy things that I won't use.

14. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

I did. I have the money for it but I like to watch other fools spend their money then I buy on the back end.

15. kgallag1 macrumors member

I definitely want one, but I want bootcamp drivers released, and a couple more bug fixes first before I put down $2600 for one.