Anyone else get this email from Boxwave about their free case order?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Psant, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Psant macrumors regular

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for participating in our FREE iPhone 4 case event. We received a greater than expected response, and are glad that you participated in this limited-time offer!

I wanted to provide you with an update regarding your free iPhone 4 case. We have already begun shipping orders, but have temporarily exhausted our current supply due to the greater than expected interest. However, it’s only for a short time. Your Pure Crystal Slip case is being produced at the moment and will ship out once the next batch is ready. Your free iPhone 4 Pure Crystal Slip is expected to ship on July 14, 2010.

We will follow up and send you another email once your order has been processed and shipped. It will be on its way and arrive to you shortly thereafter. Please keep an eye out for that shipping confirmation email.

We appreciate your understanding as we’re diligently producing the next batch of iPhone 4 Pure Crystal Slips. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know how I can be of assistance.

Thank you again for your interest in BoxWave. We’re glad to be in your company along with others who are excited about the iPhone 4. It’s truly a remarkable device!

Best regards,

Mariko
    BoxWave Customer Service
    http://www.BoxWave.com

- I ordered it the first day of the promotion too =/. Oh well, it's free right? I can wait.

2. RC83 macrumors 6502

3. jmike314 macrumors member

4. Psant thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, in that case, who is getting their free case on time then, lol?

5. subtleknife macrumors newbie

6. FortMOney macrumors member

Yeah I got it. I was pissed. I had to go into AT&T and buy a $30 purple speck case because I'm so paranoid with the phone naked. Oh well good news is AT&T has a 30 day return policy

7. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Got it, too.

Maybe they were using this method to see what the interest would be? Doesn't promote brand loyalty, though.

8. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

9. wattsja macrumors regular

I also received the same email for the same case.

10. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Same email, different case. Last time I ever shop at that website!

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

same

went from shipping in 24 hrs to july 9th to july 14th.....talk about misleading customers

what a joke of a company

12. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

13. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I got the email, too.

It was an extremely cheap case, so I'm not bothered by it.

14. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

i actually emailed them the other day and said i was just buying it to get through some time until there good cases surfaced and explained i needed it now. they refunded me. i ordered a (probably similar) crap case on ebay for 4$ shipped and arrived in 3 days.
    i kinda felt bad about it but seriously, a three week wait to ship!?
    then finally agent 18 did their case so that'll get shipped toward the end of the month!

15. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

Yeah once shipping got delayed I cancelled my order. I understand you can't be too picky since the case is free but it's ridiculous how they misled us to believe the case was available to ship right away.