Anyone else get this error trying to update to 8.0.1 on iPad Air?

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
The 8.0.1 update downloaded just fine on my iPad Air, but after downloading it tries to verify the update and I get this error about not being connected to the Internet.... The thing is I'm obviously connected to the Internet as I'm posting here in said iPad Air. You can also see the wifi indicator at the top left. Anyone else have this issue? I know most lost cell service on iPhones after update but I don't even get that far. Any ideas on what I can try?

prlj

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
The 8.0.1 update downloaded just fine on my iPad Air, but after downloading it tries to verify the update and I get this error about not being connected to the Internet.... The thing is I'm obviously connected to the Internet as I'm posting here in said iPad Air. You can also see the wifi indicator at the top left. Anyone else have this issue? I know most lost cell service on iPhones after update but I don't even get that far. Any ideas on what I can try?
Same thing on my iPhone 5. I wonder if Apple is killing the process at the "verification" level because they already know there are issues with it? Thereby preventing more from installing it. That's fine by me.

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Apple pulled the update. Sit tight and stay on 8.0 (obviously, as you have no choice lol) Hoping they push 8.0.2 pretty quickly maybe.

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Gotcha. Thanks guys. Glad I tried it on my iPad first and not my iPhone. I need my cell service! I feel bad for those who have lost their service.

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Anyone else get this error trying to update to 8.0.1 on iPad Air?

What I'm worried about now is that the downloaded update will just keep sitting there either causing me issues updating to 8.0.2 or will just always take up space with no way to delete it.

Last edited:

nicki155

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I have the same issue on my phone. How do you delete the downloaded update now? It's taking up almost 1.5 gb of space.

Never mind, it can be deleted from 'manage storage'

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.