Anyone else getting a HP Z27x display for their nMP?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Radiating, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Radiating, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014

Radiating macrumors 65816

Dec 29, 2011
    The z27X will ship May 1st, and is slated to be the best display available for content producers.

I've been looking for something really crisp and calibrated to use as a display and this looks perfect. Is anyone else interested in this? It seems like the ideal option.
  2. binba macrumors newbie

Jul 23, 2010
    I'm extremely interested :)
    This was one of the best announcements I've heard from NAB - what should be a reference-grade monitor for a mere $1,700. I'm surprised by how it appears to have generated virtually no buzz in the circles where it matters.

Of course, I still need to get some work to justify the investment :) I plan to use it with a top-model MBP, not the nMP.

Note that Apple still(!!) doesn't support 10-bit output in OS X. I don't know if this affects the nMP HDMI output just as it does the TB outputs, but I suspect it does.
    This would affect you if you use it normally, with something like Photoshop or After Effects. I plan on using it more as a specialty display for Premiere and Resolve, via something like the Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Monitor, whose 10-bit HDMI out does work in 10bit.