Anyone else getting a HP Z27x display for their nMP?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Radiating, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Radiating, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014

Radiating macrumors 65816

The z27X will ship May 1st, and is slated to be the best display available for content producers.

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgEyhEM38uA

I've been looking for something really crisp and calibrated to use as a display and this looks perfect. Is anyone else interested in this? It seems like the ideal option.

2. binba macrumors newbie

I'm extremely interested :)
    This was one of the best announcements I've heard from NAB - what should be a reference-grade monitor for a mere $1,700. I'm surprised by how it appears to have generated virtually no buzz in the circles where it matters.

Of course, I still need to get some work to justify the investment :) I plan to use it with a top-model MBP, not the nMP.

Note that Apple still(!!) doesn't support 10-bit output in OS X. I don't know if this affects the nMP HDMI output just as it does the TB outputs, but I suspect it does.
    This would affect you if you use it normally, with something like Photoshop or After Effects. I plan on using it more as a specialty display for Premiere and Resolve, via something like the Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Monitor, whose 10-bit HDMI out does work in 10bit.