Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickhutson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
The facebook app has been promised for a long time now - with a version 3.1 coming "later in the summer". As it's Autumn next month, and version 3.0 isn't even yet released - how long long do you think we will have to wait? Facebook in the iPhone is faulty at best; messages not being able to be sent, walls not showing up etc. I love the look of the new interface, so I am looking forward to it.

If Apple stopped approving fart apps and "mirror" apps, things like the Facebook App may get approved quicker :)

iLeoMarc

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2007
Facebook has not posted that they have even submitted the application to Apple. (Normally they do on the Facebook for iPhone page) So unless you know something, I think you are just jumping the gun here.

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
My son recently got a facebook account, so I got one as well to monitor him.

I can say that the app in it's current form is a POS. Works on my 3gs (sometimes) does not on his, ever.

Terrible app, terrible service, terrible support (actually non-existent) and above all has a help blog larger than a Harry Potter book with no mods/devs responding to questions.

I have not a clue how this is all the rage when the app and website really has such technical deficiencies.

bowlby87

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2009
York, UK
The current Facebook app has overall worked fine for me, only places it dont is looking at comments to peoples status's it just comes up with nothing....

I'm starting to use Facebook less and less now though Twitter all the way!

wowipod

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Queensland
No your not. You're one of the growing minority who still knows how to communicate and be social with out the internet. :)

Yeh but half the people I know get it just to have it. Anyway whats so bad about being able to be in touch with someone always, well almost always.

Sep 13, 2008
I love Facebook, it's awesome. I love being able to just see at a glance what all my friends are doing, check out new pictures and whatever. Doesn't mean I can't communicate without the internet though.

And for the record, the app works fine for me. Yea there's a few bugs, but oh well, all apps have bugs.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Yeh but half the people I know get it just to have it. Anyway whats so bad about being able to be in touch with someone always, well almost always.

If Facebook is your way of always being in touch, if that person drops dead will they be able to post that in Facebook?

Edit: Facebook is not social interaction its social laziness cause you never have to get up of your ass and go visit that person.

transam7816

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2008
If Facebook is your way of always being in touch, if that person drops dead will they be able to post that in Facebook?

Edit: Facebook is not social interaction its social laziness cause you never have to get up of your ass and go visit that person.

and what if you're in a different state?...or country?

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I was recently assimilated by the Bor... err, I mean, Facebook. It is amazing how much time and energy can be invested (or wasted depending on your point of view) on this thing.

It is convenient to keep friends and family informed with pictures, links to interesting stuff I find on the internet, etc. But as with anything, some people just take it too far... :rolleyes:

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

That's one way of putting it. HOWEVER, another is that for family that live a long distance away, it provides a better way to keep in touch. You're pretty cynical! :) I hope you're not young.

I was recently assimilated by the Bor... err, I mean, Facebook. It is amazing how much time and energy can be invested (or wasted depending on your point of view) on this thing.

It is convenient to keep friends and family informed with pictures, links to interesting stuff I find on the internet, etc. But as with anything, some people just take it too far... :rolleyes:

Yes, some have to tell you when they got up, what they had for breakfast, when they went to the bathroom, etc. :rolleyes:

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
I stopped using the iPhone Facebook app because it never shows me anything new and it only shows like 5 stories.

ChrisN

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
The Facebook app is okay for browsing around Facebook... but in terms of managing your notifications and replying to what needs to be replied to, it is really lacking.

I'm also looking forward to Facebook 3.0... just like iPhone OS 3.1, I keep telling myself "maybe tomorrow."

iPhonedHome

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
Dallas
Based on the tweet I read this mornig from @joehewitt, looks like the new Facebook app should be submitted today/this weekend for approval! :cool:

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
I think the current Facebook app is pretty nice, for monitoring and basic functionality. Not so much for management. Overall though it has been a pleasure to use on my 3GS.

Reclaim3r

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2009
PA
I would like the new Facebook to come out soon as well. I hope it has push, Contact photo syncing, birthday syncing with the calendar, and better news feed updates.

cellocello

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'm thinking we're not getting the new facebook app until September.

and I'm thinking we're not getting a push enabled facebook app until 2010.

Just my prediction.

Kyeris

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Somewhere in Texas
Facebook app works fine for me right now, I get txt updates which just simply work.

However, the improvement notification wise would be great and push notifications, well why wouldn't you be anxious for that

army91c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
You all have an iPhone? If so, why do you need an app.... You DO have interwebs on the phone just go to the "real" facebook site. Just a thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.