Anyone else getting anxious for new Facebook App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by nickhutson, Aug 1, 2009.

1. nickhutson macrumors regular

The facebook app has been promised for a long time now - with a version 3.1 coming "later in the summer". As it's Autumn next month, and version 3.0 isn't even yet released - how long long do you think we will have to wait? Facebook in the iPhone is faulty at best; messages not being able to be sent, walls not showing up etc. I love the look of the new interface, so I am looking forward to it.

If Apple stopped approving fart apps and "mirror" apps, things like the Facebook App may get approved quicker :)

2. iLeoMarc macrumors regular

Facebook has not posted that they have even submitted the application to Apple. (Normally they do on the Facebook for iPhone page) So unless you know something, I think you are just jumping the gun here.

3. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

4. alansaysstop macrumors regular

Am I the only person in the world without a facebook? My mom even has one.

5. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

My son recently got a facebook account, so I got one as well to monitor him.

I can say that the app in it's current form is a POS. Works on my 3gs (sometimes) does not on his, ever.

Terrible app, terrible service, terrible support (actually non-existent) and above all has a help blog larger than a Harry Potter book with no mods/devs responding to questions.

I have not a clue how this is all the rage when the app and website really has such technical deficiencies.

6. bowlby87 macrumors member

bowlby87

The current Facebook app has overall worked fine for me, only places it dont is looking at comments to peoples status's it just comes up with nothing....

I'm starting to use Facebook less and less now though Twitter all the way!

7. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

No your not. You're one of the growing minority who still knows how to communicate and be social with out the internet. :)

8. wowipod macrumors regular

Yeh but half the people I know get it just to have it. Anyway whats so bad about being able to be in touch with someone always, well almost always.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yeah, I just talk to my friends in Austin, L.A., and San Francisco using telepathy.

Who needs technology?

10. 226896 Guest

I love Facebook, it's awesome. I love being able to just see at a glance what all my friends are doing, check out new pictures and whatever. Doesn't mean I can't communicate without the internet though.

And for the record, the app works fine for me. Yea there's a few bugs, but oh well, all apps have bugs.

11. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

If Facebook is your way of always being in touch, if that person drops dead will they be able to post that in Facebook?

Edit: Facebook is not social interaction its social laziness cause you never have to get up of your ass and go visit that person.

12. transam7816 macrumors regular

and what if you're in a different state?...or country?

13. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I was recently assimilated by the Bor... err, I mean, Facebook. It is amazing how much time and energy can be invested (or wasted depending on your point of view) on this thing.

It is convenient to keep friends and family informed with pictures, links to interesting stuff I find on the internet, etc. But as with anything, some people just take it too far... :rolleyes:

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That's one way of putting it. HOWEVER, another is that for family that live a long distance away, it provides a better way to keep in touch. You're pretty cynical! :) I hope you're not young.

Yes, some have to tell you when they got up, what they had for breakfast, when they went to the bathroom, etc. :rolleyes:

15. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I stopped using the iPhone Facebook app because it never shows me anything new and it only shows like 5 stories.

ChrisN

16. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

The Facebook app is okay for browsing around Facebook... but in terms of managing your notifications and replying to what needs to be replied to, it is really lacking.

I'm also looking forward to Facebook 3.0... just like iPhone OS 3.1, I keep telling myself "maybe tomorrow."

17. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

it does repeat itself a lot...

18. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

Based on the tweet I read this mornig from @joehewitt, looks like the new Facebook app should be submitted today/this weekend for approval! :cool:

19. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I think the current Facebook app is pretty nice, for monitoring and basic functionality. Not so much for management. Overall though it has been a pleasure to use on my 3GS.

20. Reclaim3r macrumors regular

I would like the new Facebook to come out soon as well. I hope it has push, Contact photo syncing, birthday syncing with the calendar, and better news feed updates.

21. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

I welcome a new/upgraded Facebook app. The current one is a POS and I prefer using the web "app"... iphone.facebook.com...

22. newyorksole macrumors 68030

23. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I'm thinking we're not getting the new facebook app until September.

and I'm thinking we're not getting a push enabled facebook app until 2010.

Just my prediction.

24. Kyeris macrumors 6502

Facebook app works fine for me right now, I get txt updates which just simply work.

However, the improvement notification wise would be great and push notifications, well why wouldn't you be anxious for that

25. army91c macrumors 6502a

You all have an iPhone? If so, why do you need an app.... You DO have interwebs on the phone just go to the "real" facebook site. Just a thought.