Anyone else getting error when trying to Update to 5.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pittguy578, Mar 7, 2012.

1. pittguy578 macrumors member

My phone is jailbroken..I tried to update to 5.1 10 times over the air and kept getting error messages. I want to upgrade to 5.1..I really do not use any JB apps..Anyone else having trouble upgrading?

2. seanwebb68, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

You have to use a computer to update a jailbroken iPhone

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Can't do ota on a jb device.
    Only by using iTunes.

4. tyler510 macrumors newbie

Same :'(

Ya i had the same problem!! I tried almost a hundred times. I didnt rlly need the jb anymore so i reset the ipad, erased all contents and settings, erased all jb apps, erased cydia (deleting the cydia installer package), and the. Rebooted but it still wont let me update!! Its techniacally un jailbroken, right?! No cydia, but for some reason my music app has no icon and is still unified with videos but i also have the videos app. Confused about that...

Wutevr...my windows crapyop broke a cuple weeks ago so im waiting to get the new mac this april so im computerless till then. Hopefully my brothers computr doesnt lag itself to death before i update...

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, its not unjailbroken.
    You need to restore it using itunes to remove the JB and the changes it did to the ios installed. It cant be done on the device.
    In other words you need a computer to restore it to 5.1
    Im sure you can find another human that has a computer you can use for 10-15 minutes to update.