Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

911jason

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2020
Simi Valley, California
Just checking in to confirm that switching to wireless connection has solved the issue for good for me. I haven't had a single disconnect in a month. I also tried connecting back to ethernet earlier today, and the disconnects came back within a few minutes. Here's another thread that also mentions wireless as a solution.
I’ve had the same experience as you. Not a single error since switching to wifi.

Reactions: Eternal21

Eternal21

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2021
So here's a bit of extra info. The Wi-Fi workaround continues to work. But interestingly enough, my PS5 started exhibiting the same issue (displaying Ethernet Cable Connected/Disconnected) over and over. Ended up also switching it to Wi-Fi. At this point it looks like an issue with either my router or neighborhood FiOS setup.

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Got the same message a couple of times within a minute just now on tvOS 15.4. but then it went away. I have seen this before on older tvOS version, but it was quite long ago – wonder why it would suddenly pop up now. Also on Ethernet only in my case, no WiFi involved.

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
changed to a new Docsis 3.1 cable modem and the no network connection error message raised its ugly head. works fine vast majority of the time even when I get the error. AS someone said it that's because the buffer hasn't emptied. I do have an occasional dropout tho.

I restarted my ATV to see if that clears.

I had this issue years ago as well. Forgot what made it go away. I'm wired too not wireless. IF I get annoyed enough maybe I switch to wifi.

911jason

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2020
Simi Valley, California
I don’t really understand how two devices with four years between generations can have the same bug. I have a house full of tech and never have this issue with anything else.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Started getting this issue on one of my Apple TV’s. It’s connected straight to a ‘slave’ tp link deco unit which itself is connected to the ‘master’ deco.
I have two other Apple TV’s one on wifi and one connected to the master deco. Neither of these have an issue.

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
I have two other Apple TV’s one on wifi and one connected to the master deco. Neither of these have an issue.
Hmm… So you think it can be related to the Apple TV being connected to a switch that in turn is connected to a switch in the ”master” router? That suits my setup at least and I got the message again out of the blue yesterday.

Anyone having the Apple TV connected directly to the router switch also getting the message or are you all on a separate switch?

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
But now it's been totally fine for a couple of weeks. Nothing really changed that I know of. Wierd?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.