Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulcdb

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2009
It reboots every time I open the cover, think it's telling me I use it too much :p

Edit: Oddly, it seems to only be when opening the cover too and not if you put it into standby with the button.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
It reboots every time I open the cover, think it's telling me I use it too much :p

Edit: Oddly, it seems to only be when opening the cover too and not if you put it into standby with the button.

Yep, this seems to be the same issue for me too

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I have not had random reboots on beta 5. I also don't think I had one on beta 4.

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
My iPad 2 has done this twice since installing beta 5 yesterday, so you're not alone.

johnnyboy360

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2010
On B4 my mini threw up a com.apple.NSURLConnectionLoader error from many apps, that (Touch wood) seems to be gone in B5. However I had a reboot earlier on my 4S which was (It seems) nothing major, just a little crash. Only one so far, but its expected. Any crash is really.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Hmm seems to be an iPad 2 issue. Both mine and my GF's have been rebooting randomly.

Belazor

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2013

I'm getting random reboots since I upgraded to beta 5 on my iPad 2. Anyone else see this issue?

Exact same setup with me, iPad 2 as well. I'll have to stop using the cover for now, cheers for that tip :)

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
If you are not a dev, you don't have the beta.

I'm guessing at least 30% or more of the people posting about ios7 on these forums aren't developer subscribers and in fact DO still have the beta.

paulcdb

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2009
In case no-ones figured it out yet but if you've got an iPad with this problem turn off the lock/unlock setting under general which should stop it rebooting.

iamhausly

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2013
this has happened to me twice now, as with the other betas. Most times the phone is simply sitting there playing music or unlocked and it randomly dies. The screen changes hue and fades out by little black bars across the screen. Its the most annoying thing ever

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.