Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
I have noticed that, randomly, I have been getting a "You do not have permission to view this" and "Invalid Thread" after reporting a post and refreshing the page. Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
If you report a thread and it is removed you no longer have access to it. This is normal and would usually be the effect of the cause ... meaning report a post worthy of going into the garbage then you also lose the ability to see the fun unfold.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Perhaps the post/thread has been dealt with ... and you are no longer authorized to see what happened to it.

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
I have gotten several "Invalid Threads" from clicking on the links to the forum on the front page but that is because that thread was deleted but it was still on the cached front page

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I have gotten several "Invalid Threads" from clicking on the links to the forum on the front page but that is because that thread was deleted but it was still on the cached front page

An invalid thread message is almost always the result of a thread having been deleted or merged into another thread. The front page only regenerates at certain intervals, so you may occasionally find a thread linked on the front page that is already gone when you click on it. It should disappear from the front page fairly quickly though.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Having a look in wasteland, or searching for the thread name will find it likely. Oftentimes the last comment can be from a mod explaining why it's closed/wastelanded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.