Anyone else getting this bug in Camera app?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Allard, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Allard macrumors member

So when you go to take a picture there's a thumbnail of your most recent picture in the bottom left. But when I have a picture that I took that I don't like and I delete it, its thumbnail remains, and this thumbnail will stay there until I take another picture with the camera.

Ex:
    http://i.imgur.com/RgTGR.jpg

The picture shown on the bottom left is deleted, but the thumbnail remains until a new picture is taken. Any ideas?

Edit: Running iOS5 on an iPhone4S.

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

Same thing happens on my 4s just tried it. Good find!

It goes away if you close the app in the app switcher.

3. Allard thread starter macrumors member

Yeah but it comes back if you take another picture :\. I just only started getting it which is interesting.

4. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

5. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

Happens on my 4 on iOS 4.3.x. Quite annoying.

6. na1577 macrumors 6502a

Yes, this was one of the first glitches I noticed in iOS 5. If you quit the camera app from the multitasking tray, it will display the correct thumbnail the next time you open the camera app.

7. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Yup it happens to me too , also when swipe right to see my gallery the picture shown (no the one deleted ) is all pixelated it annoys me but I just closed the app instead

8. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

May be the thumbnail is meant to show the last picture taken, whether or not you've chosen to keep it?

9. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

10. M87 macrumors 65816

Yes, I noticed this on my iPhone 4 the day iOS 5 came out. Not a big deal at all.

11. Allard thread starter macrumors member

I couldn't care less on how big or small a deal this is- if it's not working as intended, it's a bug. And here's me reporting it.

12. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

This was not an error. It was designed like this with the full intention to remind you of the last photo you took - whether u deleted it or not. It's not the last photo in youR camera roll. It's the last photo taken period.

So report it if you want. This is just how it is

13. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

You know it was designed like this because you work for Apple? Are you making a statement of fact or is this your opinion?

I think it's a bug because Apple would design it so that it was as easy to understand for the end user as possible and having a picture display that was deleted is not user friendly.

14. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Um, Apple doesn't read this forum for bug reports.... You need to report this on Apples website.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

16. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Actually I don't think you can say this is a bug. It's more logical to have it show the last picture taken rather than last picture which may be what you downloaded from the Internet and having nothing to do with the camera.

17. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Anyone have Photostream enabled? This could be why