Anyone else glad they didn't upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -PsYcHoNoVa-, Jun 30, 2010.

1. -PsYcHoNoVa- macrumors member

I'm really glad I didn't upgrade from my 3GS to the iPhone 4. My jailbroken 3GS running 3.1.2 is flawless and I am more than pleased with it. However, it would be nice to have the new screen, new design, and camera flash. I do plan on upgrading in the future, once some of these issues are hopefully worked out. So who else is happy they have not upgraded yet?

2. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

It's your choice, I'm glad you're happy. However the vast, vast majority of iPhone 4 users have no issues. This is a quote from Anand:

"There's no doubt in my mind this iPhone gets the best cellular reception yet, even though measured signal is lower than the 3GS."

Best cellular reception yet... for a phone with a supposed "bug" that causes low reception. That's telling about the quality of iPhone 4.

3. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

It's a bug in the baseband. Also I luv my iPhone4 to my 3GS. It's just a great update

4. -PsYcHoNoVa- thread starter macrumors member

Hhhhmmm......Not a 3G or 3GS owner? Then this thread isn't meant for you. Please take your fanboy attitude elsewhere.

5. hunter x az macrumors member

my phone works fine, not really getting the reception issues people are talking about, but yes, so glad i upgraded. that 3gs screen is so piss poor in comparison, and the camera sucks on it. the 4 is so much faster in everything it does, too.

my wife has the 3g, and she's desperately wanting to upgrade to the 4.

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'll go on record and say yes.

I was pissed that they didn't have the White iPhone available for preorder, which caused me to not preorder at all. but in light of the problems that have come up, I'm happy that all of the self-conscious "black is for guys, white is for girls" early adopters all were my bit^H^H^Hguinea pig. This lets me know that when they get this fixed and the white phone comes out, the phone I get will be flawless.

I waited 8 weeks after the 3G came out to get my white 3G, and after they fixed the problems with that, the wait was well worth it. The wait for this is just as worth it.

BL.

7. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Well I updated, but it's really mixed for me. I REALY liked my 3GS, and figure since I liked that one so much I would like this one even more. Really, it's about even for me. With the 4 I get a really nice screen, awesome camera, faster everything, and way better battery, but I lose the 3G design (feels way better in my hands, and seems a lot less delicate than this new phone) I have a proximity sensor that hardly works, speakers that aren't as loud as my 3GS, and if I hold the phone a certain way it can cause me to drop a call. Would I still have upgraded had I known all this before hand? Hard to say, but probably yes.

The biggest issue for me right now is the proximity sensor. God it's annoying. I'm hoping a case will make it easier for me to hold, fix reception issues, and also make it more durable. I'm also hoping the volume booster jailbreak app will make the speakers louder so I can enjoy my music when I'm
    at work.

That's really all I can do, because I can't return it because there is nothing at AT&T I want and I can't switch providers because my gf loves her 3GS and won't give it up, and I can't go back to a 3GS screen now.

8. Built macrumors 68020

I'm VERY glad you didn't upgrade because then this would have been yet another one of the 5 gazillion whining complaint threads.

9. Anghellichalo macrumors newbie

I love my iphone 4 your missing out on some sweet video and a absolutely gorgeous screen. Best phone yet imo.

10. baseballcp2002 macrumors member

my iPhone 4 is absolutely perfect!!! Im glad I upgraded from 3G.

11. -PsYcHoNoVa- thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your contribution!

12. st1ngo macrumors member

I didn't upgrade and in fact cancelled my order
    There has been far too much written for there not to be a problem
    So I will wait and see the outcome

As for the idiots that slate every post that say they have a problem just give it a rest and go back to kissing steves ass

13. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

No, I am waiting for my upgrade to come through come Vodafone... I don't care what people say, this phone looks and feels amazing. I do not care about reception issues, I am going to case it up regardless.

14. Gryzor macrumors 6502

Interesting how the weak minded can be influenced so heavily by the written opinion of one reviewer... :rolleyes: The fact is, plenty of people are having issues - more than enough to warrant Apple taking action, so what are you harping on about?

15. army91c macrumors 6502a

Wow, another one of these threads :rolleyes: I don't really give a hoot. What made you feel the need to make yet another thread about a personal joice? www.blogspot.com is a better place for such a life story.

I'm glad I don't need to use my 3gs anymore. I love double ram, higher res screen, flash, better camera and video, looks awesome, tough (survived a fall out of hand onto a tile floor), great reception and no dropped calls, face time......

Yeah because this thread has really added to MR:rolleyes:

+1

16. BConvery macrumors regular

Really? How many? What percentage? All you have is anecdotal "evidence" gleaned from trolling forums. I understand there may be some who have real problems with this phone, but please don't call people weak minded and then go on about magical quantities of "plenty" and "more than enough" because you really have no effing idea. :rolleyes: