Anyone else going causeless, screen protector less and warranty less?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by docgerrard, Oct 14, 2011.

1. docgerrard macrumors 6502

Or am i the only crazy one?

By causeless, i mean caseless of course!

I figure with a 100 dollars for applecare + and 50 for a phone replacement, i can just take a chance that i won't break my phone in two years (hasn't happened ever yet)

and a case.. why would i care about weight, size, thinness, any of that if i put a case around it. too pretty to cover up!

and a screen protector... well I'm considering this one. should i?

2. aneftp macrumors 601

iPhone comes with good one year warranty.

AppleCare plus isn't worth it. $99 plus $49 fee to replace.

Better off taking your chances and paying $199 if you accidentally drop/break.

Amex covers 90 days accidental damage/lost. Plus most credit cards give you second year warranty for free and will reimburse you if apple tries to charge you $199 to replace up iPhone.

3. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

I bought the original iPhone the first day it came out. (yeah, I waited in line and everything...)

Never used a screen protector or case. Not a single scratch on it. Screen looks awesome even today.

The iPhone 4s comes with much better engineered glass than the original iPhone. I expect it is even more resistant to scratching.

I think the screen protectors are pretty bogus, and understand why Apple doesn't want to deal with them.

As for cases, if you're around gritty materials (like living next to a beach on a tropical volcanic island for instance) you want to be careful you don't get sand in the case -- as I've seen a few screens get messed up that way.

I just keep my iPhone in my pocket when I'm not using it. A case just seemed like more hassle.

Your milage may vary. Enjoy your new phone!