Anyone else had major issues getting their MBP repaired?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by runebinder, Nov 7, 2009.

1. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Hi the Airport card failed on my MBP in September. I had to take it to an Apple authorised service centre as there isn't an Apple shop near me.

Took 20 days and they replaced the Airport card, logic board and display. Got it back and the the original problem was fixed, however the unit wouldn't charge so had to take it back in the following weekend.

That repair took 17 days and I got it back on Thursday. Charging issue is now sorted, but now the backlight doesn't work on the keyboard and the fans are constantly running at 6200rpm. Did an AHT and got the error:

4SNS/1/40000000 TG1H-128.000.

From looking that up it appears that the sensors on the logic board are kaput.

Can't believe the service I have received so far, I have emailed the repairers and told them what's happened, that I'm can afford to be with out my MBP for even longer, plus I don't trust them to be able to fix it without causing any other issues. Got a reply back yesterday morning that it had been forwarded onto their head office, now waiting to hear back.

2. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

You are running into problems because you are going through an authorized repair center. While most are good, they are not held to the same standard as Apple Stores. I assume you are still under AppleCare? If so, you might want to send it into Apple and get it repaired at the source.

No matter what you do, I would contact Apple and report your problems with the repair center.

3. runebinder thread starter macrumors 6502a

runebinder

I'm under 1st year warranty, the MBP is about 6 months old. Yeah figured on emailing Apple about the situation.