Anyone else had trouble with Fed Ex?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by vermonter16, Dec 5, 2008.

1. vermonter16 macrumors regular

I've ALWAYS had trouble with Fed Ex...deliveries to the wrong address...one item sitting on the truck for a week because they said I wasn't there to sign for it when the item didn't even need to be signed for...other incidents....but today... Waiting for my 24" imac to be delivered. Fed Ex says that it is in Hagerstown, MD and should be delivered to my house in Virginia probably this afternoon...She said that it wasn't always updated on the Internet. This was at 6am this morning. I called them because the tracking info said that it was still in route to California...and I wanted to know if I should put a pre-authorization form out or not... Well, I didn't because although the forms worked three days ago and Fed Ex took them (though they didn't put the item where I asked) they said that those forms were not authorized by Fed Ex...ok... So, I take off from work early to run home so I don't miss the Fed Ex truck... I'm online and now it shows that my package JUST arrived in Hagerstown at 3:07pm!!!! I call Fed Ex and they tell me that it has just arrived and won't be delivered until tomorrow!!! So, now I am sitting here, out of some work time....and no computer... And I have to sit around ALL day tomorrow til they bring the darn thing - great way to spend my Saturday!!!!

Anyways, I'm just venting! I hate Fed Ex with a passion. I know that others have had great experiences with them but I just have not. I think they SUCK!!!!

2. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Can't you call them and pick it up yourself from the warehouse? I've done it with UPS because they deliver M-F 9-5. :rolleyes:

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Unless you paid for expedited shipping and this was the last day in the window for delivery, you have no reason to hate them. It was probably on a plane to the east coast when you asked on the phone, not actually there. If one person on the telephone tells you something that's only semi-true, is there reason to hate the entire company? And is there a chance that she said that it was en route to Hagerstown, not actually there yet?

5. justinm macrumors member

Sorry to hear, but in my experience, Fed Ex has been great. I haven't had any issues with them.

6. vermonter16 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry - didn't realize this would upset people so much. Actually, the package was on it's way to Hagerstown via Ground shipping. I'm not moaning about the shipping time... And I stated that many folks have great experiences with Fed Ex... We had a $500.00 drum delivered to the wrong address one rainy...the Fed Ex guy had the street wrong...fortunately the woman who it went to let us know but she didn't get home til later that night...the drum was ruined - no plastic even over it. When we called Fed Ex to say that the package had not been delivered but said on their site it had been...they said they were sorry and that was it. Thankfully the company took care of it on their end.

We've had about 7 bad experiences with Fed Ex. I guess what I'm getting at is that in our particular neighborhood or whatever - we've had pretty bad luck with them. I actually tried to get the package to stop at one of their sorting stations but they said that they could not do that. Sometimes we've had to do that - the sorting station is about 40 minutes from my house. We live in the Manassas area outside of DC.

Hey Shecky - I've spent my whole life working in retail and customer service and you are right nobody is happy even when good service is provided. I get very irritated when customer service is lacking. However, the woman on the phone this afternoon was very nice. And I always make it a point to say that it isn't that person's fault, etc. and don't get upset with them.

Before you presume to think that I am one of those "never happy" people - get to know me first. All I wanted to do was vent and did I not say as I stated above - that many people I know have been perfectly happy with Fed Ex and have had great experiences with them - I have not.

7. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Yeah the problem with shipping carriers is that it varies by location.

At my parent's home (roughly 30 miles away) DHL is the best, UPS is second and FedEx stinks.

At my home, FedEx and DHL are both great, and UPS is just OK.

At work (also 30 miles away), they're all very good.

I tend to get a lot of packages because I prefer to order practically everything online, not to mention Amazon Prime. Therefore, I've developed a good relationship with all four of my carriers (USPS included). They know not to leave important items, where to leave the small stuff, etc.

If I get something with obvious packaging (like an Apple Cinema Display) they'll usually call me to see if I want to meet them somewhere. My FedEx guy doesn't like to carry that stuff around on his truck all day since I'm near the end of his route.