Anyone else hardly use their iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FooArk, Jul 9, 2011.

1. FooArk macrumors 6502

I can never use it for an hour straight. Just put it up and use it randomly. Then back onto the computer

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

With computer and large monitor handy there is no point for an iPad. It is where there isn't a computer that the iPad (or any other tablet) proves useful. I take a tablet to work and keep it nearby in the shop I teach in. No PCs around, but WiFi everywhere. Check my email right before class to find any absence excuses. Use a sketch app to import emailed student drawing/ideas then sketch over them with design suggestions. Email that new drawing back to the student. Check the web for info on hardware or images of related designs to show students. Far easier on a tablet than on any phone.

3. imahawki macrumors 6502a

I use mine almost every day and I have a 27" iMac. I think its a lifestyle thing. If I'm just surfing the web I don't want to be holed up in the den alone when my entire family is in the family room doing various things (together but even if they're each doing their own thing).

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

almost all waking hours. check email and news in bed in morning. watch tv / read a book over breakfast. have it on all day next to my computer displaying materials for my research. read it in bed before going to sleep.

before i got the ipad i tried (with some success) to use the kindle dx, and often ended up lugging around books as well. but, now i am totally book free. what a difference!

without the pdfs, i'd probably never use the ipad at all. so, if people are not using it as a reader, i am not sure how they could get much use out of it.

5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I use mine every day.

My wife uses hers every day.

6. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Our story is the same as yours! Couldn't be without it!:cool:

7. Gaelic2 macrumors 6502

I almost never used mine yesterday by downloading Tom Clancy's new book, checked and answered my e-mail and played my music via air play to my airplay speakers out on my deck while reading my new book. Nah, I never use that crummy thing.:cool:

8. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

My wife uses hers more than her iMac.

I use mine intermittently - it's absolutely invaluable when travelling (I have the 3g version), but at home I just tend to use it for the occasional game, the DC comics app, iBooks and to catch up with email etc when sitting in front of the TV... It's handy but I could live without it.

9. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

Now that my iPad 2 is jailbroken I use it more now...

10. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

This. Having a portable device is great, and it feels weird and anti-social to just be alone all day while computing. I like sittin' on the couch with my iPad/MBP when everyone's around there. Even if I'm not gonna join the conversation, it somehow feels better.

We're weirdies I guess!

11. singlestick macrumors regular

Although I use my iPad for other stuff, I agree with you that the iPad is great if you deal with a lot of PDFs . Previously, I would download a lot of work related PDFs and print them out if I could not read them at work. Now, I can more easily refer to them, and annotate them, using the iPad.

12. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I read a lot with mine, but I use it for work as well

I love being able to read a book, quickly check my email, then browse something and then back to my book without having to get up

Sat out on the steps with coffee this morning doing just that

It isn't for everyone, and nobody should claim that it is
    But for those of us who it is for... well, we love it

13. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

for alot of work related issues I use my iMac or Macbook, but the iPad is like a notebook for me. I use the note apps, use it for PDF consumption, and it's great when you showing a product to a prospective client. Much nicer than using paper.

14. luked14 macrumors 6502

My MBP has been collecting dust since I got an iPad.

15. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

Since i've got my iPad I only use my computer for syncing it ;)

16. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

Since I've bought my iPad, the only time my PC has been on was to download games for the Steam summer sale and to sync to iTunes. EVERYTHING else i do on my iPad.

I've also gotten into reading a lot more, and can actually study on the go without carrying my backpack around everywhere, which alone was worth the cost to me.

17. bobright macrumors 601

Same here and to hold my huge music collection, and print stuff sold over eBay that's about it everything else iPad. :)

18. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I use all of my computers (15" i5 MBP connected to my 27" ACD, 11" MBA) almost everyday...I use the iPad everyday...it is my media consuming device...:D

19. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

i use ipad 2 with my imac on regular basis.... mainly as a third monitor and reading ebooks and pdf files...

[​IMG]