Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fugabutacus

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2010
I despise it.

I chose to download a film, I don't want it to work like a DVD. I'd prefer if double clicking just brought up a list of extra videos, just like when you double click an album in album view.

Who agrees?

It may seem a small thing to complain over, but I'm a bit OCD about things like this and it really BUGS me. In fact, it puts me off buying films.

I've been wanting to download the Scream Trilogy, but now I've realized the first film has iTunes extras, it's put me off buying the whole trilogy :S

Also, can anyone tell me how Extras works if you add a movie to an iPod? Does it just ignore the extras part and play it like a usual movie?

Nightarchaon

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
If you don't like the iTunes extras , just delete them after downloading the film and it will work just like a stand alone title,

I believe the extras files are in the same location as the film, called "filename - iTunes extras.ite

And ta-da , problem solved.

I never watched DVD extras , so really don't care for the added guff they pack in to try and -"add value"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.