Anyone else hate MobileMe? And miss .mac?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by bindigok, Jul 14, 2008.

1. bindigok macrumors regular

I can't stand mobile me. Why did they change? Why did they take down .mac before they got mobileme working???? I have trouble checking my email everyday on webmail, and I never had that problem before.

Mobile Me is crap.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says......Are there not enough MobileMe whining threads already - do you really need your own?

Really. Yes, the rollout has been a bit of a fiasco (to put it mildly) but at least give them a chance to work out the bugs and get everything working as it should before commencing the "this sucks, I liked .mac better" whinefest....oh yeah!

3. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

MobileMe is not much different than .Mac. So how can you miss it? It still syncs iDisks, calendars, contacts, etc.

4. NorfolkApple macrumors newbie

I'm amazed that Apple have launched something so ineptly.

I don't mind them "upgrading" me but the problems with e-mail aliases and lack of access to file sharing pages are very poor.

5. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Well they don't support IE6 how do you check webmail from work?

Don't say firefox...

6. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

7. nick9191 macrumors 68040

8. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I think MobileMe is great. Sure, the launch was a farce and there are still a few inadequacies, but I love the new interface and push technology for my portable devices.

.Mac was a convoluted mess of features, not streamlined at all and terribly out of date. It was in need of a major overhaul and modernisation. MobileMe has achieved that. As for all the fuss about iCards, who cares? Seriously, create a nice card in Pages, iPhoto etc..., save it as a PDF and boom - you have your iCard!

So no, I don't miss .Mac and I have been a subscriber for nearly 5 years.