Anyone else hate thinking how your watch will be a demo watch...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I can see it now just like any Apple product that I buy... Ooo can I see it? Touch this touch that... Remove the band unlatch, unlatch wear remove.... Ffffffffuuuuu get ur own or go to the store.

2. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

3. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Keep it hidden. ;)

I don't think this will be as extreme as the iPhone.

And nothing like owning the first electric car in town.

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Man I see my friends would want me to give it around so they can test it... Lulz

5. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Say "no" much?

6. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I don't know bout u, but in my group of friends there's no such thing as no haha. I figured if I can dish it I should be able to take it right? No doesn't exist haha

7. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Tell'em it only works paired with your arm. :D

8. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Sounds like an opportunity!
    Take 5 - 10 bucks for each touchy-feely session.
    If you have a nice sized circle of friends, you should be able to pay off the AW in a few days.
    Or - buy two. Use the extra one for the "hands-on" periods. You can still charge for that.
    Or, tell your friends the truth for a a change. You don't want their DNA, or "skin sauce" all over your AW, which, unlike other devices, needs to touch your bare skin for some of the functions to work.

9. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

I enjoy showing people new toys. Early adopters make the tech world go round.

10. KauaiBruce, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015

KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Some friends will be able to look but not touch. My very closest friends may get to touch. I would only let friends who are seriously considering the SS with Link try it on.

11. JCT1212 macrumors regular

Random people in the hall at my school asked to see my iPhone 6 the first day, and I let them! It didn't even have a case on but they almost took it from my hands lol. I'm going to have to lay down the law if anyone tries to take my :apple: Watch. It'll be harder to take it, anyways, since it will be strapped to my wrist :D

12. bumpylumpy macrumors member

This is why I'm planning on getting a sport band. I figure if I get a flashy stainless steel band it will attract too much attention.

I want a Apple watch for my enjoyment.

Also, no matter what happens with any new toy I get, I usually run into people like the critics on this forum who will tell me how I wasted my money, the watch looks dorky, it doesn't do enough, how *they* would have never paid that much for it, they're just waiting for the 2nd generation. :)

So for that reason, I'm totally keeping mine hidden and on silent. I don't want anyone to know I have it.

13. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I think the Sports will be noticed just as much as the Stainless at first.

14. bumpylumpy macrumors member

Yeah, I've thought about it more and I think I still want a Milanese loop just because I think it will be a lot of fun to play with the magnet. But I'll still likely cover it up to avoid attention. I wear long sleeves almost all day anyway, so it will be very easy for me to keep it hidden.

15. RodChester macrumors regular

RodChester

I don't think it'll be as bad as say an iPhone or iPad. The watch is physically attached to your wrist so taking it off to share is a lot more effort than just handing something over. If you don't wanna share just say you don't feel like taking it off and putting it back on.

16. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Just tell them you have to reauthorize it if you take it off.

17. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I haven't thought of this before, but I'm starting to remember what it was like to get the first iPhone on launch day.

18. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Happened with my iPhone 6. Every mother ****ing person asked if they could bend it. Not this time. This time people will view from afar and I don't care how much people ask it will not come off my wrist.

19. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Haha, I fear this too. I'm getting the Space Black though so hopefully it'll be less flashy and less noticeable.

20. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Beware of sharp knives! :p

For the OP, he could simply not buy a watch till they're old hat.

21. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Don't get me started on those Teslas. I get distracted whenever I pass one.

22. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

I've never had that kind of reaction. The closest I've come is people asking me if the 6+ is too big. You need to meet some better quality people!