Anyone else hates the facebook change?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Watabou, Mar 15, 2009.

?

What do you think of the new facebook change?

1. I love it

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. I hate it

33 vote(s)
    55.0%
  3. No opinion/Other

21 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I don't know why but Facebook, it seems, is trying to be like Twitter!

It's now harder to look for certain information and I don't like the fact that the new wall posts my picture when I update my status. I liked it better when it didn't. It just confuses me what to look for.

I also don't like the "recent activity". In the past, if you were to reply to a post on a differen't person's wall, it would show on top of the post that the original poster made. But it's no longer true in the new facebook. This feature really pisses me off for some reason.

I thought that I would like it but it has just made me hate it.

So what do you guys think?

2. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

How about just hating facebook in general? All revisions, clones, and implementations?

Does that count?

3. Beerfloat macrumors regular

Beerfloat

4. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

I can't stand it. I liked the the original facebook

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I liked the last big update but this one is just a bit rubbish. Status updates and wall posts have seemingly merged together which I really don't like and its now giving me updates to people I previously said I didn't want as many updates from.

What was wrong with the old layout? :confused: I'm really not keen on this Twitterish look.

6. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Exactly how I feel. I remember the old facebook. And then it got that change I think it was in October or something. At first I didn't like it but I got so used to it that I preferred it.

But now this change is just ridiculous.

7. wakka092 macrumors 6502

wakka092

I don't have a problem with the new layout, but I've gotten an "Authentication Error" all of the time when trying to post status updates or do anything like that. I'm more frustrated it broke the functionality (for me.)

8. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

i have hated this facebook change more than the last one. it's like they are TRYING to make it terrible.

i use facebook instead of myspace as it WAS so much easier to manage and locate people with..

what's worse... is they don't give you an option

9. huntnboy04 macrumors regular

The Facebook. where it all started, where it should have ended.

10. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Maybe you should start a Facebook group against it or something? I'm sure that'll get them to change it back...

11. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

I just downloaded the iphone sim and use iphone.facebook.com

12. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

While I do think the new look is certainly more modern looking I will agree that it looks more like twitter, and I already have all my tweets going to Facebook so I never update my Facebook status directly. I really don't mind. I only use Facebook to talk to certain people.

13. Grimbo macrumors member

I preferred the older version, but it doesn't really bother me, still does the job. Is there anyway of reverting it back to the old style?

14. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

no...

15. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

I only registered on face book today so have no idea of the difference.

16. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I prefer the home screen bit, but the profiles are terrible. For example you have to write something in collation to your name - what's the point in that? I think it'll be changed back, though. At least, i'm hoping. :cool:

p.s beat me to it.

17. 11800506 macrumors 65816

When everyone was complaining about that last big update, I actually liked it a lot better than the original, but I am starting to dislike the newest version. I agree that they've made it much harder to see certain things and it makes it much harder to differentiate between wall posts and status updates than before. I'll have to see if I get used to it, but for now I don't like it.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Same. The last update was an improvement, just a vast update that a lot of people didn't like. This new one isn't an improvement which is why I'm hoping they take note and fix it up.

19. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Yeah it sucks. I don't get why they had to mess with a good thing in the first place...........:(

20. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

What's that old saying? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

21. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

You're just now hating the facebook layout? It started going to hell the moment they let in 3rd party applications. Ever since then, they've been scrambling with drastic redesigns.

22. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

its sorta confusing now!! @_@ after the previous one i was still recovering from the shock of new things. and now this!? im even more confused and my shock has returned....

but i dont hate it. im just confused at all these updates and now i dont know where what goes where..

23. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

They are definitely trying to figure out how to handle the popularity of Twitter. Internet social life is fickle.

24. applefool macrumors member

applefool

way to cluttered

new facebook just seems way to cluttered now. organization and structure was much better before. status update is really weak. its so bad i haven't even been getting on lately.

25. epyfa macrumors regular

There is a group on Facebook that seems to get you the old layout back. But it didn't work for me.