anyone else hating 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bender o, Jun 18, 2009.

1. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Hi, i don't know if you guys feel the same way but i just hate 3.0. It messed up all my "one click call" apps, now the ask for confirmation whether i really want to call that number, pretty usefull. Also the landscape keyboard ond EVERY app is really anoying, makes it completely impossible to write an sms or an email while lying down, i mean come on apple i've been using standard keyboard for almost a year now i should be able to choose if i want to keep don't i?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

When lying down, hold the phone in portrait mode with one hand, type on regular keyboard with the other.

3. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

5. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

No...

However I am hating people that are hating 3.0.
    I feel better now. :p

6. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

As with any product, there will be people that like it and people that don't. Why anyone would expect 3.0 to be any different is insane.

7. Xiph0s macrumors regular

Nah, complaining is easier. :rolleyes:

8. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Simple enough. Dont like it.....GO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I don't have any 1 call apps, nor do I need to type laying down, so no I guess I don't hate 3.0.

10. bender o thread starter macrumors 6502

bender o

and a more entertaining too lol

about the one handed writing, that's pretty slow it'd take me forever to write something. I'm sure a read somewhere that you'd be able to choose if you wanted the apps to use landscape keyboard or did i just dream it?

11. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

Hate it? No.

Think it should have come out with the 3G, yes.

12. Danny.boy macrumors newbie

13. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

There definitely should be an option on disabling landscape.

14. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I'm loving it. I don't think there's anything in it that's so compelling it'll make me use the phone more than I did before, but the changes are welcome. Cut/copy/paste can be a little flakey to get the initial selection going, but it works pretty well and I'm really glad to have it. Multiple picture selection (for emailing/copying) is awesome. And the horizontal keyboard makes a huge difference for me. I'm at least twice as accurate as with the vertical keyboard, so that reduces a lot of frustration I was having with the OSK. Haven't noticed a huge speed increase in Safari with this new turbo Javascript engine but I'm on first generation iPhone hardware.

It doesn't feel "like Christmas" with the new software, but it's all good in my book.

15. mikejfrd macrumors regular

It's all software issues that can be fixed and updated; it's day 1 of the official release! Did you really expect a perfect issue free release that accommodates everyone's needs and likes?

16. dopipod macrumors member

SMS number keyboard now too small

I hate the new configuration for the number keyboard when keying in a phone number in OS 3.0. The numbers were nice and big and laid out like a phone before and it was easy to key without having to check accuracy.

I find the alphabet keyboard fine for messaging, it works great with the predictive text and a great strength of the iphone, but for phone numbers you just cannot be sure you are being accurate with keys in that size

I must now double check every phone number keyed in, something I rarely did before using the larger keys of OS 2.2. I make great use of SMS to inform my customers that their repairs are ready to collect and I have no need to database them in my address book, therefore I cannot make use of contact search.

I don't understand the need for the change - surely if I am making an SMS and have switched to the number keyboard, it makes sense to assume I would like to enter some numbers quickly and easily?

17. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I don't hate 3.0, but I've found some weird things that happen. I find that the phone now connects to my trucks bluetooth at odd times. Most recently, visual voicemail played over the trucks speakers. It would seem to connect/disconnect in various screens.

Not sure if this was intended functionality or not, but it didn't "flow" in the typical Apple manner.