Anyone else have a keyboard cover?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by -tWv-, Aug 17, 2011.

1. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Hello all,

I recently bought a silicone keyboard cover and it just arrived today. I love the look of it (makes the keys a royal blue color) but I absolutely hate the way it feels to type. For those that have keyboard covers, is this something that I will get used to as I type on it more often, or is it always going to be completely different from typing on the bare keyboard?

I'm kind of concerned that I wasted my money and will have to take this thing off soon, but if it's something that I will likely get used to, then I'll just deal with it for now.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

2. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I got so used to using a keyboard cover, it actually feels weird not to have one. So yes, I think you will get used to it soon enough. I think it took me a couple of weeks or so.

I've used silicon covers a lot, they're great, and you can get them on ebay for around $5. The moshi is my favorite for being the least obstrusive both looks wise and typing wise, but they cost $23 and get cloudy after a few months.

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I had a moshi keyboard cover on my MBA for about 2 weeks but I just never got used to way the it felt so I just took it off.

4. -tWv- thread starter macrumors 68000

-tWv-