Anyone Else Have A Squeaky iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AbsenceOfTruth, Jul 11, 2007.

1. AbsenceOfTruth macrumors regular

The bottom black part of the iphone feels kinda cheap compared to the rest of the device. Every time I touch the black part or hold it from there it makes squeaky noises and feels like it could break very easily. Anyone else have this?

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I did. Also had a loose button. Took it back. New one is fine.

3. AbsenceOfTruth thread starter macrumors regular

Is the black part solidly built compared to the other one?

4. AbsenceOfTruth thread starter macrumors regular

Does this mean my iPhone is defective and that I should replace it? Will Apple charge me restocking fee?

5. milhous macrumors newbie

the sites that disassembled the iphone have indicated that the black piece on the back of the iphone is made of plastic. over time, squeaks wouldn't be that surprising. it's just probably loose on the inside. take it back and try to get an exchange if it really bothers you.

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

7. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Mine squeaks a little. It is plastic down there because that is where the antennae are.

8. yoshio macrumors newbie

I cringed reading the title of this thread.

It's amazing how much a little squeak can change your overall perceptions of how solid and beautiful a device is... my iPhone hasn't made a sound, and I dread the day it does. Coming from the poor build quality of my two otherwise perfect Blackberries, I absolutely despise the squeak.

9. AbsenceOfTruth thread starter macrumors regular

I'm still debating whether I should return it or not as it is pixel perfect and it's been a week since I've owned it now. What do you guys think? Also after using it tonight it doesn't squeak as much as before. It does it when you touch the plastic part with force and from the sides...

10. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

If you really mean "pixel perfect" I wouldn't risk bringing a product back due to a squeak in fear of a dead pixel on the screen. My 42 inch HDTV has one dead pixel and it bothers me SO badly.

11. AbsenceOfTruth thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it really is and I'm really anal when it comes to dead pixels.

12. The Prise macrumors member

Don't exchange it. The squeak means they prolly can just tighten it. Pixel perfect is much worth a squeak... just buy a case.

13. Eric052492 macrumors member

Mine squeaks but its not like i ever squeeze that part of the phone. It bothers me mainly because mine is only a month old but I'll get over it. The only thing that made me consider returning it was because of a clumsy scratch I made on it the day I got, figured I could use the sqeak as an excuse, but that's wrong. I'd recommend just living with it, its not that big of a deal.

14. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Mine squeaked when I got it, but I had bought one of the inCase silicone sleeve things and it fixed it. Plus, it's a nice case!

15. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

mine squeaks badly aswell, its getting annoying. Now that I've had it for 2 months I'm unsure if what to do about it. Also my home button was a little wiggly OTB with the back plate, but because I can't take the crystal screen protector off without needing to throw the used one away, with a case on it and all it doesn't bother me as much, but its eating away at me knowing there is something defective with my $400 cell phone. What do you guys think?

16. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Oh my Gawd, I've got a squeaker! I'm not to worried about it. :eek: