Anyone else have a un-even unibody?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alectheking, Jul 30, 2010.

1. alectheking macrumors 6502a

Kinda ticked off because my less than week old MBP doesn't sit level on my granite, wood or even plastic counters. Apple tried to have me take it in for "repair" which in my mind is total ***** for a brand new comp. The front left corner where your left hand rests isn't even touching the ground, so it wobbles a bit. How common is this? After venting my frustration a brand new replacement is on the way.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

my unibody mb has the same issue. I have corrected it with tape

3. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

14 day return policy. Take it in for an exchange

4. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Not happened to me, mine's perfect and i already have several months with it

5. alectheking thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, they caved in and are gonna be sending me a new one. I'm gonna be more ticked if it's a refurbished or something.

6. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

My PowerBook, and wireless keyboard both have the same problem. It's not uncommon, especially when dealing with an aluminum chassis. Just take it in for a refund if it bugs you that much. I notice that I don't even notice anymore unless I'm thinking about it.

7. alectheking thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pics dont do it justice, but you can see its not even touching.

Attached Files:

• crap.png
      crap.png
      File size:
      849.4 KB
      Views:
  8. itripped macrumors member

Mine is level even after dropping it on the corner once. I have a twisted ethernet port but not enough to lift the back rubber pad off the table. Luckily the lid also closes without issue. I have not bothered to bring it in to Apple.

[​IMG]

*edit* I wasn't expecting that image to be so large. I'll shrink it down next time :)

9. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Just unscrew the base plate and screw it back on applying equal pressure and tightening the screws in a star criss-crossing pattern. If you had searched you would have found many people have had this problem. And if there was nothing else wrong with your computer then you risk getting a machine which could possibly have other issues like dead pixels which unless there is five or more are not covered by warranty.

10. Kristine macrumors 6502a

+1