anyone else have Alltel?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by da2005pizimp, Jan 8, 2008.

1. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

I was wondering if anyone else on here had Alltel? I just signed a 2 year contract back in Sept. and ever since i have signed the contract i have been very dissapointed with them. The service is very iffy, i had a new LG and it kept missing calls, i'd get a message saying that i had a new voice mail without the phone ringing. Also the phone selection is just horrible. I was just wondering if anyone else had them and what do you think?

2. tefleming macrumors 6502

I've been very pleased with Alltel (overall).

Their reception was awful on campus when I was back in school (but so was everyone's - save Verizon who had a tower on campus).

The only two areas I've used it are their two major "hubs" (Little Rock, AR & Charlotte, NC).

I've got a Razr but no contract.

3. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

I've used them for a year and a half and been pretty happy. Sometimes, the phone doesn't ring when I'm called, and it often doesn't tell me I have a message, especially if the phone was off when the message was left. So I get messages a month later, when it does tell me about a new message....

The service has been pretty good, too, everywhere I go. If your service isn't good, I think you can request a refund and return the phone.

4. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I've had it here in tampa, and it has been about 80-90% reliable. When I roam however, I run into all sorts of issues. In orlando, it is about 60-75% reliable.

5. da2005pizimp thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess my main issue is with the lack of phones. when i signed up i got the blue LG and now i have an old school nokia. I just left T-mobile and they had all kinds of phones. Heck even verizon has more phones, and the guy at the store told me that alltel was soon to be the biggest cell phone provider out there. I just hope that they get some newer phones here shortly.

6. da2005pizimp thread starter macrumors 6502

I have decided that since i really hate my cell phone (old school nokia) that i'm going to bite the bullet and spend 200 on a new one. any advice? i would like to have wifi, i was thinking about the audiovox 6700, any reviews on this?

7. xodonniedarko macrumors 6502

xodonniedarko

I thought that was just with the razr?

Well here.

I have altell and a Razr, and i've been very satisfied with both. I used to have Cricket (which is not even available in all areas) and I figured since I was soon getting my license, I had better get a phone that gives me service EVERYWHERE. I get service in the Bahamas, and I'll probably get service in Honduras when I go again this summer (my friend got service with Cingular last year). And my razr has me equally pleased. I drop it probably 3 days a week, and at least one of those days, the battery pops out. The only problem I've ever had is sometimes it will restart itself, but nothing is ever lost.

So far I love my razr and my phone service, but I admit that the phone selection SUCKS. I've found the Razr to be the best bet for the money! It has bluetooth capability, so I can actually transfer/take files via bluetooth on my mini.

Plus I only pay 30$ a month (would be 10, but I had to get unlimited texting) since I'm under my parents plan :D

8. xodonniedarko macrumors 6502

xodonniedarko

Oh, and the razr has internet (and google mobile!) but it costs you minutes rather than money (at least, that's what the lady told me!), so I get on during the weekends! :)

I admit, the altell phones suck. They need more.
    My brother told me the reason why they have no phones but I forgot.

9. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

I used to work for Alltel before taking a position with one of the three National Cellular providers in the US as a regional sales director (3 states).

Tell them you want a different phone if your not happy with the reception of your current phone.

Alltel has a wonderful mechanism for resolving disputes. I would go to a company owned store (not an authorized dealer) and explain your issues with the phone and service. If it does not get resolved ask to speak with the store manager. If you can not get your issues resolved with the store manager tell the manager that you wish to file an "Executive Complaint". If the store manager will not initiate an Executive Complaint, then call Alltel directly and tell them that you want to file one and that the local store manager refused to do so. (a BIG NO-NO).

Alltel takes executive complaints very seriously. The complaint is generated by the Regional Executive office and is sent to the local store. The complaint MUST be resolved within 24 hours, a form filled out detailing how it was resolved. This form is transmitted back to the Regional Office for review by the Regional VP. The Regional VP then has to sign it and submit the form to Little Rock Arkansas.

When I was a store manager I dreaded having an Executive Complaint come in, everybody gets uptight, and we usually gave the customer whatever they wanted (getting out of the contract, a new phone, an adjustment for credit on the account, ect...)

I wouldn't abuse it for something simple or stupid, but if all else fails I would definitely consider it.

10. da2005pizimp thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info, i would never do something like that just for kicks. However i'm really not happy with them, they also told me that my phone bill was going to be 130 and lately it's been 160 and up. kinda makes me mad.