Anyone else have battery % turned off?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ashin, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

I started getting really OCD about battery life, and looking back it was really stupid to care so much about battery life.

I decided to just turn off the battery % setting and just use my phone whenever I want, and tbh as long as it lasts the day I don't honestly care how many hours I get from my iPhone anymore.

Anyone else like me? OCD cured I guess

2. seble macrumors 6502a

Yeah I love that fact, that your OCD seams to just disappear when you turn it off, mine does anyway. I keep it on though, because in my situation sometimes, I don't know when I'll get to a charger next, so it allows me to adjust my usage behaviour to preserve the battery.

3. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Yeah i turned off mine and don't care anymore.

Last night the iPhone was at 7% and i was listening to music on my bed. Fell asleep, woke up after 8 hours and the music was still going on in the ear buds lol. Checked the battery and it was at 2%.

Stopped music, got up and took a shower, had a light breakfast, went to the iPhone and still 2% and alive. Plugged in charger and in about 90 mins had a full charge.

The battery life of this phone still keeps amazing me every day.

4. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Mines not off but I do know what you mean. Im always checking battery time to make sure I have enough.

5. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I don't have the percent turned off but I don't watch it either. My phone always lasts the whole day and I plug it in just before I go to bed. Seems to like that routine just fine.

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I probably should turn the battery percentage off since I monitor my battery like a hawk.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I turned mine off back with iOS 3.1 and my iPhone 3GS.

I may have a different kind of OCD because I felt that it cluttered my status bar, so I turned it off on my phone and even on my MacBook Pro (once the battery indicator turns red, it's time to charge).

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I have a bit of OCD about seeing the percentage numbers too, just have it not show.

9. tnisatard macrumors 6502

I've left mines off too since launch day. I knew I would get OCD about it, so I turned it off. Also, I like my status bar clean without any clutter.

10. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

I'm incredibly OCD about this too - just five minutes ago I was freaking out about how I *only* have 83% left.

For a couple weeks I took it a step further even than you guys. With a jailbreak app called battery control, I turned the battery indicator off altogether. It actually worked really well - cured my OCD, and my phone lasted to the end of the day almost every time. I've actually been thinking about going back to this lately.

For anyone who has the same extreme OCD as I do, you should really try it.

It's down to 82% now, in case anyone was wondering. XD

11. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I have mine turned on but I'm not OCD about it. Just a handy way to keep a quick eye on it.

12. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

With the iPhone 3GS I suggested that people turn it off for exactly the same reasons you brought up,

But with the i4 I find that battery life is good enough now that I don't really worry about it. So I leave it on now and it never bothers me anymore.

13. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I usually just leave mine on, but right now it's turned off. I dislike seeing that battery percentage drop quickly.

14. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I think I've got it on but I never pay attention to it until I see a warning for battery life or it turns red. I figure I have more important things in life to worry about other than something that means absolutely nothing.
    Besides, its just a phone and I'm not holding it wrong. :D

15. Savor Suspended

Savor

Definitely helps.

I sometimes go on and off with it. I did have it turned on a few times because I noticed my batt life was getting much shorter. But it is back closer to the norm as I have to drain it all the way down and never use it while it charges.

Truth is, you really won't get the same battery life every single time even if the settings are the same. Sometimes I get 8 1/2 hours and sometimes at 9-10. How we use it everyday can change. Then we also have to realize its capacity gets worse the more we charge it. After one year, mine still holds a very good charge. Maybe another 6-10 months may I start to notice getting worse. I noticed mine probably is slightly worse, but nothing that prevents me from still getting at least 8.5-9 hours with the occasional 10 hours on WiFi.

16. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

yeah i have an issue with the % so much so i bought a battery pack case that gives me an extra 1900mAh of juice for my phone. But guess what? this extra power for my phone also has a meter on the back, 4 LED's. fully charged they are all on and as the power drains they go out 1 by 1 !!! so like the % i keep checking these LED's too :D

MUST CHARGE PHONE !!!! hahahaha

17. Tom359 macrumors regular

Drove me crazy

I'm not OCD, but watching the numbers drop throughout the day drove me crazy. Turned it off, left it off.

18. Ashin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ashin

This was me, then I realized with my dumbphones you'd never see the %

All I care about now is lasting 1 day, all that matters really since you can just recharge it, honestly no point having 3-4 days standby and usage... means jack

19. GP_1 macrumors regular

I like the battery % just so I know how much I will be able to use my phone throughout the day.

20. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

21. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Prozac and therapy for everyone!!!!!! :D haha partially kidding. I turned mine off just now but I imagine it'll be back on when I get to half just so I know what to disable to preserve battery.

22. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Hasn't been off since it became available. I like knowing roughly where i'm at.

23. Mitchel macrumors newbie