anyone else have dishnetwork?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by glocke12, Dec 4, 2008.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Anyone else have this experience?

Havent had tv since sunday....called monday to have a tech come out and they told me they cant do that until the go through some diagnostics over the phone with me, and than told me they couldnt do the diagnostics because we were having bad weather in my area (it was clear at that time)....Didnt have a chance to call back until today, and was told the same thing, (this time it wasnt clear), but if I wanted to have a tech come out I could do so for $50.00....

what a load of crap....Im paying 70-80 bucks a month for this service.....and they want to charge me to have it fixed when its not working????

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I have had similar experiences before with DN. If you speak to a manager, you can generally get the service call charge waived. I've had them out probably 3 times in the nearly 5 years since I started using them (not by choice, I live in the boonies), and I have not been charged yet for the privilege of sitting at home all day waiting for the repair person to show.

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I've had Dish for 10 years now, zero problems or issues. I'd definitely be firm about escalating your complaint. Telling you it's weather-related when it's plainly clear is silly. Did you have any decent TV signal when it was originally installed? They're supposed to align the dish and meter it, then sanity-check the actual TV reception before leaving.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I too have had dish network for about 10 years. I have had zero issues with having someone come out and take a look and it never cost me a dime either.

Knock on wood I have had zero problems in bad weather too.

I would defiantly take this one to a manager. That is a bunch of crap.

5. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

We had dish and it would go out regularly. We actually went 6 months paying for service that we didn't have. Only because technically the tech couldn't come to our house so we had to get a local small business who installed the dish's and they would come over and fix it.