Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ilovemygeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
I can see a shadowy line when I boot up, but its not really visible any other time. It goes around the entire edge of the screen on all sides. I'm just curious if I'm nitpicking or if its supposed to be there. Thanks :)

Ilovemygeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Sorry, MBP, just got it today. 2.4 160G 7200rpm, non glossy. Its right against the bezel edge goes out a a tiney bit and its all around the edge.

ab2650

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Sorry, MBP, just got it today. 2.4 160G 7200rpm, non glossy. Its right against the bezel edge goes out a a tiney bit and its all around the edge.

You're not talking about the tiny space between the LCD and the bezel are you? You know, the part that isn't LCD but just black plastic? It looks black when the screen is powered on, and a slightly different colored black (compared to the LCD) when off...

I see not what you speak of. Perhaps a photo (if possible) may help?

Ilovemygeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Its not the plastic bit, its very very faint next to the plastic. My husband says its just the end of the viewing area, I can only really make it out on a blue screen so I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Its not the plastic bit, its very very faint next to the plastic. My husband says its just the end of the viewing area, I can only really make it out on a blue screen so I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

I think I also see on my LED SR MBP, but not worried. I think it's either the lighting of the LCD or shadow. I can barely see it on certain solid colors.

ab2650

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007

Either it's unique to yours or your model, or you have very good eyes, or mine are shot. I tried 8 solid color full screens and stared at it for a few minutes and couldn't find anything (albeit the one stuck pixel that I knew about).

I'm glad you're not worried about it since it doesn't impact your day-to-day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.