Anyone else have issues with contacts?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Marilyn, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Marilyn macrumors member

So..upgraded to iOS6 today as I wait patiently for my iPhone 5 to arrive on Friday.(I currently have an iPhone 4)

Everything moved over pretty well - my texts. email, music, etc etc. The only thing that did NOT was my contacts.

Anyone else have this problem and if so, how did you fix it? Is there any way to get those back?? I would really hate to have to enter those all again...and some I know I can't get back because I only had them on the phone. ARGH!!!

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Did you have a backup either on the computer or iCloud?

3. Marilyn thread starter macrumors member

iCloud. I did backup to my computer before but haven't in about a year...so that version there won't be current.

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

So iCloud has the current contacts?
    You can restore from iCloud, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4859?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Or follow this advice:
    Go to settings/icloud on your phone. Make sure you are logged with your apple id.

Contacts should be on, click on it to turn it off and choose keep (even though you show no contacts)
    When the process is done go ahead and turn on contacts again, choose merge. All your contacts should show up if you had a previous backup to icloud.

You don't have to restore your phone like the previous poster stated, the above worked perfect for me as I also had a blank list after a restore.

From https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3899761?start=0&tstart=0

5. Marilyn thread starter macrumors member

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Glad it got fixed.