Anyone else have issues with Sims on att?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mellofello, Sep 20, 2014.

1. mellofello macrumors 65816

I took my girlfriends upgrade to snag my 6+. Everything went smooth until I went to activate. Hopefully this post will save someone a bit of a headache.

First it was a huge hassle to get my number transferred over to the nano Sim. Then I spent three hours on the phone trying to get mobileData working.

It turns out that if you had a grandfathered unlimited data plan they need to transfer you over to a voice over LTE unlimited plan. Plus they need to add a bunch of other things to the account for it to work.

Still only seeing 3 bars of lye but at least it is up and running.

2. JawneeWin macrumors 6502

My SIM problem wasn't THAT bad, but initially, my old SIM did not work. I took the SIM out and wiped it with my finger and then it worked. LOL

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Yep I did too. Bought 6+ on my wife's line and when we activated it all went smooth over wifi but the sim didn't work. Stuck it in my wife's iP5 and still nogo. Went to att and could of waited in a line for behind 6 people or take a sim and call to activate....... Needless to say I took it and called to get it working..... All's good now.