iPhone Anyone else have MASSIVE battery drain after latest biteSMS update?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheGreenBastard, May 13, 2013.

1. TheGreenBastard macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

Today I left for work at 7am as usual. I text messaged a few times, checked the weather and sent an email. By 9:30 my battery was miraculously at 53%. I thought to myself, "you've got to be ****ing kidding me."

I completely stopped using my phone until around 12:50 when I had my lunch break, and noticed my phone was really hot, and battery was at 39%.

I don't know what the cause of this is, because nothing besides the messages app was running. The only thing that changed since yesterday was an update to biteSMS 7.5 (or whatever the latest version is).

I uninstalled biteSMS when my battery was at 31%, rebooted my phone, and checked back about an hour later and it was sitting at 30% and was not warm at all.

Anyone else have any issues (heat, battery drain or other) with the last biteSMS update?

2. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I'm using version 7.6.4 and am not experiencing any issues.

3. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

My battery was perfectly fine on 7.5 and now also fine on 7.6.4. If worst comes to worst, you can always close biteSMS from the multitasking bar

There's probably a combination of tweaks that is affecting the battery life but there's not enough data for the biteSMS team to find out what is causing the battery drain to fix it (there have been a very small minority complaining about battery drain on the biteSMS forum)

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've only had it installed for a couple of days, but I don't see any noticeable difference in battery life.

5. TC25 macrumors 68020

Wow, not just battery drain, not just massive battery drain but MASSIVE battery drain!

No, no issues.

6. Brandon0448 macrumors 6502

Brandon0448

I was having some issues while using Zephyer, I thought it was bitesms for a while. I would randomly have massive battery drain and my phone would get super hot. I uninstalled Zephyer and Auxo in one swoop and haven't had a single battery issue since.

I used both of the tweaks for so long and never had any issues but getting rid of them seemed to help. It might of been some other tweak conflicting but my other tweaks are more important to me. Zephyer and Auxo were just cool.

7. The Highlander macrumors 6502

I've been having some battery drain issues for a while... I wish there was a good way to track battery usage like android does....

In the end, it doesn't bother me all that much... car charger... and all associated charges available everywhere.

8. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

There is a cydia app that allows you to see what is using he battery. Wish I downloaded when I saw it. I can't remember the name Blayne put a separate post asking around ?