Anyone else have the Jawbone UP 2.0 Wristband?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by likemyorbs, Dec 4, 2012.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I know it came out fairly recently and they're a bit hard to come by now, but I managed to get my hands on one. I hope this thing is all it's hyped up to be. I just put it on a few hours ago and will sync it in the morning to see the data. Does anyone else have this thing? If you do what's your opinion of it so far?

2. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

I bought one as did my husband and my best friend. We all love It. The sleep function sets this apart from the Nike Fuelband. I love that I can set it to wake me up in my lightest sleep. Fabulous purchase. I hope you enjoy yours nearly as much as we do.

3. dinggus macrumors 65816

I never understood the fuel band or this, do people need this for motivation to workout or something?

Also, how does it wake you up? I sleep anywhere from 1-5hrs a night, so I don't see how this thing could wake me up.

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Are you still using yours? I may pick one up today.

5. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Yes I am. I LOVE this thing. It's been like 3 months now and this thing is awesome. It does a great job explaining why you feel like crap in the morning and telling you how much you walk. The alarm is also pretty awesome. I'm so in the habit of having these charts now to view on a daily basis. The app also automatically finds patterns and shows them to you to show you what you can improve. Really cool device, and longer battery life and better appearance than the competitors. You can't even tell that it's a functional wristband. Yes you have to sync it to your phone physically once or twice a day, but it takes 2 seconds and it's worth the trade off for not having to use bluetooth and having to recharge every 2 days. I recharge mine like every 8 days.

----------

It's not for motivation, it's to view your activity in an organized chart, seek out patterns, and make changes where needed. It wakes you up by vibrating within 20 minutes before your set wake up time when it feels you're in a lighter sleep.

6. mlblacy macrumors 6502

still love mine as well...

about 4 months here so far... and like you, LOVE it.

7. Partridge macrumors 6502

I have one.

For background, I started off with a sportbrain years ago (mechanical pedometer sensor, used a freaking modem to upload server data), then used an original fitbit.

I bought the up because of the sleep based alarm. It works pretty well. The app is nicely done. Where it fails is the need to physically plug it in to transfer data, and the very very easy to lose plug cover. Plus I wear a watch on one wrist and got tired of having the bracelet on the other wrist all the time.

I eventually switched to a fitbit one because of the wireless sync feature. Non-adaptive sleep alarm, but being able to set the alarm wirelessly from the phone makes up for it IMHO.

8. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I picked two up for my fiancee and I. Feel free to add me to your team. nickramato@gmail.com

9. AutomaticHaze macrumors regular

Have any of you seen the new Fitbit Flex that is about to be released? I was researching the Fuelband and came across the flex.. About to place my preorder, it looks like a good solution to me. Anything notable I will be missing out on vs the Fuelband or Up?

10. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I didn't look in to the Fitbit at all. There are a lot of Youtube videos comparing the various products. That's how I made my decision.

11. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy