Anyone else have these issues with the MacBook Pro...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macman7002, Feb 5, 2009.

1. macman7002 macrumors regular

Hey, sorry if there has been a post about this already, but I didn't see any....
    I purchased a new early 2008 MacBook Pro 2.4GHz with the upgrade to 4GB RAM, that was back in June of 2008. Recently, as in January, my Mac has been showing issues. These issues include:
    the "Blue Tint" screen
    Dropped frames during DVD playback
    Disks such as DVDs and CDs do not always show on the desktop, I have to eject then re-insert the disk
    The optical drive has started to make weird ticking noises when a disk is inserted (this issue is very random and occurs at unpredictable times)
    And it sounds like the hard disk drive or the lower left-hand side of the Mac produces a strange "ch ch ch ch ch" sound (This issue is also unpredictable)

Has anyone else had these issues with the early 2008 MacBook Pro? If so, has AppleCare done anything about it for you?

I will be going down to the Apple Store tomorrow or next week for a Genius to look at it....
    Thanks in advance!!!

2. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

Sounds like it's either been dropped or you've just been really unlucky.

3. macman7002 thread starter macrumors regular

It has never been dropped, I am too "paranoid" to let that happen.

4. macman7002 thread starter macrumors regular

I have another question:
    These issues are really random, in terms of when they happen. My fear is that the Apple Store techies may not find anything wrong with my MacBook Pro, even though I know there is (all my friends that have a MBP say they have never had issues like this)
    So back to my question, if the techies find nothing wrong with my MBP, do you think it would be my responsibility to ask them to take my word on these problems and ask them to replace the effected components or just ask for a replacement system?

Thanks