Anyone else have this issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heyyitssusan, Jan 21, 2015.

1. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I'm not sure if it's because I'm jailbroken, but my friend has android and occasionally she won't get any of my texts.. or they come at a later time. I always tell her to restart her phone when that happens and it solves the problem for awhile, but then starts back up again. It's getting annoying and neither of us could figure out what's causing it.. but i'm starting to wonder if it's because I'm jailbroken? That shouldn't have anything to do with it, should it?

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Seems more likely to be your friend's phone if rebooting it solves the issue. Do any of your other friends with Android devices not get your texts?

3. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm not sure, actually. A majority of my friends have iMessage so I haven't paid attention. I'm just wondering if it could be my network as well because I'm on prepaid.

4. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Did your friend have an iPhone then switch to Android?

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Send yourself some texts (with iMessage off) throughout the day. That will tell you if the delay is on your end.

6. technosix macrumors 6502a

Have her phone checked.

You'll find its highly likely nothing to do with either Android or iOS. Messaging is straightforward and involves the radio.

A friend of mine who owns a large high volume, six tech smartphone repair center says messaging problems tend to be a hardware issue (though not always) rather than software or brand / platform of phone.

We're spoiled with ultra reliable hardware, yet once in a while they do fail.

7. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

Nope. She's always had android.. it's weird. She deleted alot of stuff off her phone last night and it seems to be running better though.